Complaint Review: Lean Life

• Submitted: Sun, October 29, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, October 29, 2006

• Reported By:Pennsauken New Jersey
Lean Life
2060 E Francis Street Ontario, California U.S.A.

Lean Life, Lean RX Fraud rip-off, stole Ontario California

In August, I recieved an email stating "Try Hoodia Free" pay only the shipping charges. "As seen on Oprah and Dateline." Because they said Oprah and Dateline I thought it was a legitimate company so I ordered the Hoodia. I recieved a bottle of 100 capsules as ordered.

A month later I recieved a package with another 100 capsules of Hoodia and a bill for $99.00. When I called the 1800 number they said I had "automatically" signed up for shipments each month when I ordered the free sample. I requested to cancel my subscription effectively immediately. I thought that was the end of the matter. On 9/5/06 and again on 9/6/06 my credit card was charged $79.95. That $160.00!!! How dare they!! It was a company now called Lean RX.

When I tried unsucessfully for a week to contact someone. I went to the bank. I told them I never authorized the charges. After filing a complaint and requesting the monies to be returned, the bank stated that anyone can dispute charges to their account, but it has to be within 60 days of the occurence. I had just made it by 5 days!!! Please beware of this and similar cons.

Sharon
Pennsauken, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2006 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lean-Life/Ontario-California-91761/Lean-Life-Lean-RX-Fraud-rip-off-stole-Ontario-California-218208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lean Life