• Report: #209039

• Submitted: Fri, September 01, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, September 27, 2006

• Reported By:Painesville Ohio
LeanLife PM
2060 East Francis Street Ontario, California U.S.A.

LeanLife PM, Hoodia BurnFat Unauthorized charges to account Ripoff Ontario Or Mission Viejo California

*Author of original report: Got my money back!

*Author of original report: Phone numbers and email addresses

*Author of original report: Another place to file a complaint!

*Author of original report: FTC Complaint

*Author of original report: I've filed a complaint

*Author of original report: Lean RX

Back in December of 2005 I was attempting to earn a 'free iPod' by signing up for 'free trial offers', etc. I wish I could remember the name of the site. One of the offers I signed up for (before getting a 'hinky' feeling and quitting the whole thing) was LeanLife PM.

As far as I could tell, I was ordering ONE free sample ONLY, not signing up for any "program".

I had to authorize shipping and handling, which I did.

I did receive my free sample and immediately emailed the company to reiterate that I did NOT want to be on any program or receive any more product. They never answered but I never received any more products so I assumed I was okay.

Then in August I saw a charge on my debit card to "Hoodia BurnFat, Mission Viejo, CA" for $69.95. It didn't take much research to find out that's LeanLife PM. I have called my bank to dispute the charge but they basically said the only way to protect myself against more charges is to close the account, which I am going to do once this is settled. They ARE mailing me the federal form to dispute the charge and said they'd help me get the money back.

I have not been able to find any phone number or contact information for this company to try to cancel whatever bogus program they have me on (WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION!!!) so I'm just going to close my account. It's very inconvenient but it seems to be the only way to really protect myself.

Linda
Painesville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2006 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LeanLife-PM/Ontario-California-91761/LeanLife-PM-Hoodia-BurnFat-Unauthorized-charges-to-account-Ripoff-Ontario-Or-Mission-Viej-209039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LeanLife PM

Got my money back!

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

It looks like my bank has credited my account.
I haven't heard from them yet, but I just checked the account and I see a deposit for $79.95 from "Central Services Department" - so at least in my case, filling out the EFT dispute form was very effective.

I still want to pursue this company but I'm glad I got my money back. Thanks to RipOffReport for the advice!

Phone numbers and email addresses

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

I've filed a complaint with the California Attorney General. Come on, folks, everyone who has been ripped off by these guys, file a complaint!

In the meantime, here are numbers and email addresses to try, if you want to try to get your money back yourself:

800-566-0959, and 909-930-3060

aaron@novapointe.com
gw@novapointe.com
cs@whiteovernite.com
cancel@whiteovernite.com

Another place to file a complaint!

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

We all need to report this stuff!!

FTC Complaint

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

I have also filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

People, I think all of us who have burned by this outfit need to file complaints. File with the Attorney General's office in your home state, and file with the FTC. It's pretty easy to do online.

The more of us who complain, the more likely we are to be able to shut these crooks down!

I've filed a complaint

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

With the Ohio Attorney General's office. I've requested that this company (companies?) be investigated. This is ridiculous.

It amazes me that with today's technology, one's bank can't just "flag" your account to block further charges from certain companies. They said I could cancel my debit card but that might not be enough.

I can't get this account closed fast enough. It's a major hassle because I have automatic deposits and payments to get transferred. But I won't be satisfied with just getting my own money back - I want these people prosecuted!!!

Lean RX

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

I sent my bank the required form to dispute the original Hoodia BurnFat charge - got a reply today that said "as the merchant has credited your account, we can't help you." So I checked my account, but here's what happened: Hoodia BurnFat did indeed credit me the $69.95 - but that same day, a "Lean RX" (Ontario, CA) charged my account $79.95!

I am so furious right now I can hardly type. On this charge, a phone number appeared - 1-800-296-2029.

I called it, and was able to leave a message, which I did - I basically said "credit this back to my account and don't make any more charges or I'm going to take legal action against you." I will be closing this account as soon as I can get my automatic payments switched to my new account. I can't believe that there isn't any way to stop these people from doing this!!!!

definitely