Complaint Review: Leap Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, September 20, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: Im not paying for fixing anything! — Baltimore Maryland United States of America
Leap Wireless

Leap Wireless Cricket Wireless Cheated, Scam, Unorderly, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Was that Cricket or the insurance company?

I am infuriated with the horrible service that Cricket Baltimore has given to me after being loyal for as almost as long as they have been stationed here!

On or about August 15th, my phone was stolen. I decided to use a backup phone I had upgraded from until I was able to purchase a new one. When I decided to puchase the new one, I finally went into the store, a Corporate one of course, and  told them of the events.

I was advised to call and file a claim with the insurance company so that I could get a new phone, or as we all know the refurbished ones at least.

My phone was a Samsung Indulge valued at $200.00, so the deductible was $125.00. The insurance company gave me my claim number, and I proceeded to submit it to a customer service employee.

Once submitted, the representative at Cricket told me that my deductible was $85.00 and tried to give me a Huawei Ascend 2. I refused to accept that phone because it was a downgrade

When I tried to go to another store and tell them my drawn out story, they read the notes and told me that  someone at the last location had put that I had received that phone?! Uh, what phone?!

I went back and forth with the insurance company to tell them to switch my claim numbers, along with being in the store twice for approx. 1 1/2 hours gion back and forth with the reps trying to give me a wack as$ phone just to finally get the Huawei Mercury and have it overheat and crash on me?!

WTF!!!!! Went and exchanged it for a refurbished phone and it is extremely hot right at this current second as I am charging it!!!  WTF!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Leap-Wireless/internet/Leap-Wireless-Cricket-Wireless-Cheated-Scam-Unorderly-Internet-944181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Leap Wireless

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Was that Cricket or the insurance company?

AUTHOR: Pete H - (United States of America)

Half of you are talking about what happened when you lost your phone. All I did was go to Miami for 2 days and they cut my phone off permenently because I was roaming too much!