Complaint Review: Lease Finance Group, CIT, BankCard USA

• Submitted: Tue, July 24, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 22, 2009

• Reported By:Westchester California
Lease Finance Group, CIT, BankCard USA
233 N. Michigan Ave. #1800 Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Lease Finance Group, CIT, BankCard USA, Clifford A. Zone(rep) boldface lies, deceptive terms/condition, fraudulent promises, bait and switch, harassment Chicago, Westlake Village Illinois, California

*Consumer Suggestion: Bob--I am with you all the way...Bankcard, Sharon Tan and LFG....Going DOWN

*Consumer Suggestion: BankCard USA obviously as bad as Lease Finance Group

*Consumer Suggestion: Sharon Sharon Sharon, I am shaking in my BOOTS...OMG I have been reported! .Sugar!

*UPDATE Employee: YOU HAVE NOW BEEN REPORTED

*Consumer Comment: It may be signed, but it's still a scam.

*Consumer Suggestion: Sharon Tan- Yeah...Enough is Enough....Its a Free Country...

*UPDATE Employee: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!

*Consumer Suggestion: Oh O...Sharon Tan is back....FOLKS...LISTEN UP..She has to go down too...

*Consumer Comment: Call it what it is, then--an unethical scam.

*UPDATE Employee: BANKCARD USA REBUTTAL

*Author of original report: update

*UPDATE Employee: BankCard USA Rebuttal

I wish I would've known about The Ripoff Report website back in 2004 when I got duped by BankCard USA and Lease Finance Group, aka CIT Financial USA.

In August of 2004 I was in need of online credit card processing services. After some research and endless phoning of processing companies I finally came across BankCard USA and a crafty salesman by the name of Cliff Zone. He promised that BankCard could fulfill all my needs and was eager to send me the contracts to sign.
He was also eager to make my company look bigger and better than it was in order to get me approved. He inflated the age of my business, monthly bankcard volume, average ticket sales and also reworked the purpose of my company so that it fit into the mold of what BankCard and Lease Finance would approve.

After reviewing the contracts I asked why I needed the equipment since I would be processing orders online. I told him this was the only thing holding me back from signing. He stated that it would be good to have in order to "key in" orders from the phone and if I ever processed orders in person, BUT if I changed my mind he said I could cancel the equipment contract at ANYTIME. I believed him and signed the contract.

A month later my company dissolved and I no longer had use for any services from BankCard or Lease Finance. I phoned Cliff and told him my situation. He suggested just "postponing" my business start date, which I did. I then tried to cancel the equipment rental, but Lease Finance was non-negotiable quoting the contract as non-cancellable. I told them about Cliff and the promise he made that I could cancel. They had no sympathy and told me I would have to pay or go to collections.

I then phoned Cliff back hoping he could help me cancel the equipment lease. He actually LIED and told me he never said I could cancel the lease. He laughed at me when I was in tears as to what I could do and that I didn't have the money to continue paying $56.28 per month for 48 months. His only offer was a nonchalant "maybe you can find someone else to lease it" response. I was horrified!

I didn't know what else to do, but continue to pay on the lease since Lease Finance had threatened to collect any way they could. I was funding my checking account with credit card checks and borrowed money while Lease Finance automatically withdrew $56.28 every month.

I have phoned Lease Finance a few times over the past three years begging for a way to be released from the contract. Their only response is continue to pay then purchase the machine with a 10% buyout at the end or find someone else to lease it, but I would still be responsible for any default the other someone did since the contract could not be transferred. The final option was to go ahead and return the machine, BUT I would still be required to pay two thirds of the contract price in order to do end the contract and stop the auto withdrawals from my account. Huh?

I have paid $2000 so far with another $1000 to go.

I am taking matters into my own hands after finding this site and reading other similar horrifying stories. I have cancelled my checking account to prohibit any further withdrawals from my account. How sad is that? I would rather have a negative mark on my credit report than have to pay these lieing thieves one more penny.
I am sending the equipment back. I am writing all of the Attorney Generals I can think of that would care. I have filed reports with the FTC. I am sending emails and complaints to each of the companies and anything else I can think of.

I advise anyone who is considering these companies or a credit card machine to PLEASE reconsider!! Do your research on this site and DO NOT sign with a company until the contract states what YOU want it to say.

Where is the class action lawsuit against these companies? We are honest small business people looking for a solution, but getting into even more debt before we can make a dime!

Heather
Westchester, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2007 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lease-Finance-Group-CIT-BankCard-USA/Chicago-Illinois-60601/Lease-Finance-Group-CIT-BankCard-USA-Clifford-A-Zonerep-boldface-lies-deceptive-ter-262880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lease Finance Group, CIT, BankCard USA

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Bob--I am with you all the way...Bankcard, Sharon Tan and LFG....Going DOWN

AUTHOR: Rippedoff - (U.S.A.)

Bob, where do I sign up? I dont have kids I have to put braces on so I can do this all day. Expose TRANSTECH(Fort Worth,TX, BankCard USA,Sameena Aghi, Rusty Baker(nationwide Proc-st.louis), Sharon Tan, And Lease Finance Group-Chicago. And now all reported to the Attorney General of Illinois. I have to be shot in the head before I stop, kiddies....So thats it! :) Love ya guys

#2 Consumer Suggestion

BankCard USA obviously as bad as Lease Finance Group

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

Tsk, tsk, how sensitive. This should be a little less personal, then: BankCard USA must be a pretty bad, unethical business if they employ unethical people who have little to no business sense, and then have these 3rd or 4th tier employees insult everyone's intelligence on the internet. Both of these companies should be stopped. I hope someone succeeds in this.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Rippedoff - (U.S.A.)

Sharon --the facts are the facts. TRUE? You pimp for LFG. They have been investigated and shut down in Illinois for a reason. I can give you Lisa Madigan's direct line if you would like to call her office. Seriously, I have it. Monica Prandi (consumer business advocate) has your name Sharon. Her and I have talked several times. All I can say now, people are on to you, your company and LFG. -- and its other companies using different names. My advice Sugar, "find another line of work". There are more of us than you. Give me a few names and numbers of some of your clients who have a long term lease with LFG that are "SATISFIED". I'll bet you have ZERO. List them on this site. I double dog dare you...pretty please with Sugar on top... :))))

YOU HAVE NOW BEEN REPORTED

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

You have now been reported to the complaint department of this web site. I am also filing a complaint with the BBB and Attorney General's Office. The remarks on these rebuttals are becoming personal (and is supposed to be directed in a business manner)

I personally do not agree with the complaints and comments that were stated on these rebuttals but there is no need for any threats or 'trivial comments' as stated on this web site.

Please do not direct any threats to me personally or insult me in a personal manner. This is my job and I have high regards to what I do for this company-telling me that I need a 'vacation' is unethical and unnecessary. Please do not insult my intelligence.

SHARON
BANKCARD USA

It may be signed, but it's still a scam.

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

Firstly, Sharon, you don't know what you're talking about, so your company is wasting it's money. Secondly, the more you say, the easier it will be to bring you up on RICO charges with LFG later. The "agreement" I SIGNED with a different bunch of scam artists didn't matter to the FTC; the whole thing was nullified by the fact that they lied to me to get me to sign it, just as the LFG hooligans' representative did to me. Those criminals got fined millions and have been barred from doing business. I've even tried to pay these LFG creeps, and they're so stupid that they don't even know how to get their money. Their complicity with companies that have ignorant, unethical people like you, Sharon, on the payrolls just shows that they're the most unethical of businesses. Sharon, maybe you need a vacation; while you're at it, go back to school and take some business courses, primarily dealing with ethics.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Sharon Tan- Yeah...Enough is Enough....Its a Free Country...

AUTHOR: Rippedoff - (U.S.A.)

LFG has its offices shut down in Chicago by the Attorney General Lisa Madigan. Thats a FACT. Sales people, not you obviously, con owners of these small businesses into signing these leases. FACT! You can't stop me. You do you think you are. There are more of us than the 1 of you. We are not going away until LFG is shut down and its owners and sales reps like you are stopped,prosecuted, fined, or do jail time. PERIOD... Speak any clearer than that..Sugar!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

Enough is enough. BankCard USA is a very reputable company and has been in the processing industry for years. It is unfortunate that only the negative comments and complaints are posted in this website because aside from the complaints, BankCard USA also receives their share of positive feedback and testimonials.

Let's stick to the facts and what will hold up in court. If you want to go further with these complaints and take it to court, the BBB or any other organizations you would like, the fact is-the agreement was SIGNED. All disclosures were clear and boldly stated on the lease paperwork.

Again, please read the terms and conditions of your SIGNED agreement (the operative word is SIGNED)-in the long run, this is what's going to hold up in the court of law. I hope you get your facts straight before taking this any further and not do anything that you would regret in the long run.

Also, please note that this website does not condone any threats or maliciousness. I will personally report anyone that makes any threats against our company to rip-off report.com and will be banned to be on this website permanently. Yes, I am hired help-but they pay me great money for what I do.

Thanks for the rebuttal.

SHARON TAN
OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Oh O...Sharon Tan is back....FOLKS...LISTEN UP..She has to go down too...

AUTHOR: Rippedoff - (U.S.A.)

LFG must be stopped. Sharon Tan is a pawn. A hired hand. Include her in all the complaints. FCC, FTC, BBB and attorney generals Florida, New York, Illinois and California...This woman will sell you down the river for a sales comission of a few hundred bucks.....Listen Folks....you want to push this aside...they sales reps will continue to take you for a ride. When you get tough, they will fold....READ my previous posts and call me anytime or email or google me and find me....I will not stop until people like Sharon Tan and Sameena Aghi and Rusty baker, LFG, Transtech merchant group and Nationwide Processing out of stl ouis is stopped....

Call it what it is, then--an unethical scam.

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

The fact that this so-called contract, (in my case, with parties unknown), states these things is not the point. The point is, they get people to sign these "contracts" by lying to them. If there's a problem with underhanded representatives, then get rid of them. Hopefully, people will band together with the FTC and punish LFG for their deceit; I promise you, Dee, that YOUR NAME will be included in a suit, so you'd better be able to hide your identity pretty well. I've already helped topple one bad egg of a company through RICO action.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Dee - (U.S.A.)

Did you bother to actually READ the NON-CANCELLABLE lease agreement BEFORE you signed it? Obviously NOT. The lease agreements state in BIG BOLD letters that you are signing a NON-Cancellable lease. You should not have signed for something you did not agree to. And no matter what the sales rep told you, they do NOT work for the leasing company and have NO authority to tell you anything different than the contract states. Even if they do, what is written and what you signed is ALL that matters. Next time, please pay more attention.

#11 Consumer Suggestion

#12 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

BankCard USA is responding to the above rebuttal. In reviewing the merchant's complaint and statements, we have concluded to the following-

1. The merchant signed a legal document/contract that stated 'NON CANCELABLE LEASE' on it. Why would the merchant sign a piece of legal document stating 'NON CANCELABLE LEASE' when they were informed that it was indeed cancelable? Any responsible individual would read through the terms and conditions of a legal document/contract, read through the disclosures (as any contract would have). The merchant is solely responsible for this contract. The terms were clearly disclosed and the merchant SIGNED it.

Any court of law in the state of California would honor this SIGNED contract. The terms stating 'NON CANCELABLE' were disclosed and was NOT in fine print. There are 2 spots on the agreement showing that this lease was 'NON CANCELABLE'. A copy of this signed contract can be sent to the merchant.

2. The lease is 'TRANSFERRABLE'. Although the merchant is solely responsible for locating another merchant to take over a lease, the lease is still 'TRANSFERRABLE'. We have had many merchants take over another lease from another merchant. Additionally, there are many resources such as advertising through your local paper, pennysaver, craig's list...etc that the merchant can look through to get someone to take over the lease of the terminal.

Also, please note that CIT Leasing/LFG is a totally separate entity from BankCard USA. BUSA leases their terminal through CIT Leasing. BankCard USA provides the merchant account and service. All leases go through CIT Leasing.

Please contact us directly with any additional questions or concerns (800) 589-8200.

BankCard USA

update

AUTHOR: Heather - (U.S.A.)

It is no surprise that BankCard USA would file this rebuttal.

Sharon is wrong when she states, "Additionally, the lease is verified via phone to further confirm that the merchant is aware that they are getting into a non-cancellable lease."

The only phone verification was myself telling Cliff Zone (the rep) that I would NOT sign the contract unless the lease was cancelable. To which he replied, "Oh yes, you can cancel that too!"

As far as the lease being transferable that is NOT what I was told and I questioned this on many occasions.

Since BankCard USA was already paid by Lease Finance/CIT for the machine it is no surprise that they are trying to back pedal. Look how many other small businesses are being duped by this business structure.

I can only hope my letters to the Attorney Generals of California and Illinois as well as the Department of Corporations and Senators for both states will not fall on deaf ears.

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

BankCard USA is in the business of setting up merchants to enable them to start accepting credit cards for their business. The merchant can either purchase a credit card terminal or lease one if the merchant cannot afford to purchase one out right. This particular merchant opted to lease a credit card terminal. The lease is through CIT Leasing/Lease Finance Group.

In reviewing the merchant's complaint, we have concluded to the following:

1. The merchant signed into a "Non-cancellable lease". CIT Leasing requires that the merchant signs 2 sets of documents that state "Non-cancellable" on their lease paperwork. Additionally, the lease is verified via phone to further confirm that the merchant is aware that they are getting into a non-cancellable lease.

2. If a merchant opts to lease their equipment and later on decides that they no longer need it or if their business closes, the merchant can transfer the lease to another merchant who wants to accept credit cards for their business. Even though the lease is non-cancellable, it is transferrable. It is the merchant's responsibility to locate someone to take over the lease. This is another option that the merchant has.

Please have the merchant contact us with any additional questions or concerns (800) 589-8200, ext. 112.