Complaint Review: Lease Source, Inc., Prodigy Payment Systems

• Submitted: Tue, May 26, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 26, 2009

• Reported By:Florence Alabama
Lease Source, Inc., Prodigy Payment Systems
515 Broad Hollow Rd. Melville, New York U.S.A.

Lease Source Inc, Prodigy Payment SystemsLease Source, Inc., Prodigy Payment Systems Enforced Uncancellable Lease from Leasing Source, Inc. Melville New York

I am not making a story, but just feeling so angry and necessary to let people know how unreasonable these companies are. I am running a restaurant. One day, I got a phone call saying they can analyze my credit card sales statement, and try to offer me a better rate. I did not really want to bother them or wast my time to do such analyze, but they said they would sent someone over my place, and pleaded just 10 or 15 minutes for an analysis; so then we made an appointment with a sales agent, Trover Harder. Harder guaranteed a 60 day free trial period of Prodigy Payment System. Also, he tried to let me lease a credit card machine from Source Lease, Inc. He offered me to lease the machine at $30 dollars plus tax monthly payment for 48 months. At that time, he did not mention any other fees.

In about three days, I received the machine. A person named Lisa from Prodigy payment System to comfirm the lease. She asked me to comfirm that the monthly payment of $30 dollar plus tax for 48 months, but nothing else about the hiding fee I found out later on the same day. I found there was insurance fee required for the machine, and after 48 months, the machine should be returned to them, or purchased at certain percentage of maket price, or the lease should be renewed in order to keep the machine. Obviously, they overmark the machine's price. A best credit card machine is fairly under $400 in market, or ever cheaper. I IMMEDIATELY called them back ON THE SAME DAY, SAME AFTERNOON. At first, a man answered, and asked me for the merchant ID. I told him the right ID, but he could not find our business' data on their database. I knew they hadn't set up my account in their data base yet. I told him I want to cancel the lease. He said he would have someone call me back. In an hour or so, a woman named Jessica called me. I told her I just got the machine, barely used it, and I found out that something hiding that they did not tell me, so I wanted to cancel the lease. She said she would go cancel it.

Then three days later, when I have already shipped back the machine and faxed them a letter requesting to close the merchant account with them, a men named Jay called me. He said he can close the account, but the lease agreement is not cancellable. I told him the machine has already gone back to them since Jessica said she would cancel the lease. He said Jessica did not say so! What a liar or loser of memory! If they did not agree to cancel the lease, why did they wait three days to call me back? He emphasized the lease is not cancellable, but I told him the lease is not either formed or performed since I called to cancelled it immediately on the same day that they tried to hook me in the trick, and barely used the machine.

Florence, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2009 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lease-Source-Inc-Prodigy-Payment-Systems/Melville-New-York-11747/Lease-Source-Inc-Prodigy-Payment-SystemsLease-Source-Inc-Prodigy-Payment-Systems-Enfor-455453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lease Source, Inc., Prodigy Payment Systems