Complaint Review: Leasetrader

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Neenah Wisconsin United States of America

Leasetrader Mike No customer service Internet

I had a car which I did not need anymore so I wanted to get out of the lease. I first tried Leasetrader but there was a problem uploading pictures. I spent hours trying but kept getting the same message with no explanation of how to overcome the problem.  I gave up and went to Swapalease which was extremely easy and cheaper, by the way. Turns out, Leasetrader put my car on their site even though I wasn't charged, but with nothing but a "stock" picture of a similar car. A couple weeks later, they emailed me that they had a buyer but he wanted pictures. I fell for it and tried again twice. for HOURS, to upload pictures on two different computers and my iPhone 5. Same problem again! This time I got charged $89 for the ad and $9.95 for uploading 9 pictures which I couldn't upload.

I was officially done trying so I called to get a refund.  The whole amount is "non-refundable." They did say they would have someone call back to help upload but I said after the hours I spent, I just wanted a refund. They said no way. I was stuck with a useless ad with no pictures. I am working with my credit card to get a dispute started.  I really don't believe they had anyone interestd in the car, they just wanted me to sucker for the $99.95 useless ad.

My advice, save yourself time and money and just go to swapalease which is bigger and more popular anyway.  After my experience, their rudeness and all the trouble, I will never touch leasetrader again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Leasetrader/internet/Leasetrader-Mike-No-customer-service-Internet-977178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Leasetrader