Complaint Review: Lee Jones

• Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: Ryan — Texas
Lee Jones
2120 S Waldron Rd Fort Smith, Arkansas USA

In May 2013, was solicted by Lee Jones who said he represented a company in Arkansas called Harmon Oil and Gas.  The pitch Lee gave was that Harmon Oil and Gas was exiting the Oil and Gas business, and that he (Lee Jones) had a client database consisting of 327 past investors with Harmon who would be very interested in investing with another reputable oil and gas company.  He even stated that "it was very important to him that these clients be placed with a good company that would take care of them".  Lee went on to say that he would be happy to send 5 names for me to call and get references from, and if they checked out, then I could purchase the entire list for $3,000 plus a referall fee on any clients initial investment within a period of one year.

Before purchasing the list I called all 5 individuals and personally spoke to 3 of them, each of which said they had invested with Harmon before.  I took this as a positive sign that this was legitimate, and went on to purchase the list for $3,000.  Upon purchasing the list I began calling the names and numbers and quickly realized that these names/numbers were mostly for businesses across the US and not actual individual investors.  Furthermore, when I was able to speak directly to some of the people on the list, I very quickly found out that none of them had ever heard of Harmon Oil and Gas, much less ever invested with the company.

I decided to go back to the original 5 that Lee gave me (the 3 who had previously checked out) and couldn't reach any of them again.  Actually 2 of them had disconnected numbers within 2 weeks of talking to them initially which is odd....  I immediately called Lee and to my surprise he actually answered the phone and said "he wasn't hiding from anyone" and that there must have been some "mistake" and the list that was sent to me was the wrong list........

To make matters even worse, Lee told me he would have his "girl" resend the "correct list" by 5:00pm that day.  Guess what?  No list was ever sent, nor will Lee answer his phone now when I call.  I'm really not surprised he won't answer his phone, but I am surprised that he actually gave me his personal cell phone number (his name and voice are on his voice mail) to call anytime I want.  I'm also surprised that he would go through this much trouble to steal $3,000 from another person.  Do NOT do business with Lee Jones from Fort Smith, Arkansas unless you WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lee-Jones/Fort-Smith-Arkansas/Lee-Jones-Lee-Jones-Harmon-Oil-and-Gas-SCAM-SOLD-BOGUS-LEADS-MADE-FALSE-REPRESENTATIO-1065303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lee Jones