Back in 2008 I paid a 30% deposit on 2 off plan apartments within the International City development, Dubai. The deal was for 30% to be paid which would secure a unit within the development and which when finished would be fully furnished, come with a 3 year rental guarantee and a guarantee that finance would be available to fund the remaining 70%. My deposit payments were made to a company called GPD Investments whom Lee Wiggins is the Managing Director. Property Sales Agreements were signed by both parties, I believed that my money was being held in Escrow and all seemed well.
As the credit crunch began to take hold Lee Wiggins decided that with the fall in property prices it would not be worth building the apartments he had contractually agreed to build for his investors and cancelled the project. Since then he has refused to hand back any of the deposits he took from investors, which certainly runs into hundreds of thousands of pounds or even millions.
He has arrogantly refused to communicate with investors and using third parties to do his dirty work, tried different bullying tactics to get investors to either cancel their original contracts or part with further cash in order to swap into his other project, Empire Heights, without any fair consideration of the monies already paid.
This "man" is a despicable specimen, a fraudster, a cheat and a coward. However, what he does not realise is that people have very long memories, a huge amount of resolve and tenacity and we, the investors, will chase him down until we either get our money back, see him imprisoned or both.
So, to any potential investors out there. Be warned! Do not invest in any projects that GPD Investments or Lee Wiggins is involved in. As Wiggins is also known to use an alias and operate other companies, if you are looking to invest in Dubai, please ensure he or one of his companies is not behind it. Otherwise you will get ripped off.
And if Mr Wiggins is reading this; We will not rest until justice is done and therefore you had better sleep with one eye open!