Complaint Review: Legacy International, Inc. - Legacy Inmate Communications - Legacy Contact Center Services

• Submitted: Mon, June 09, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 09, 2008

• Reported By:TUCSON Arizona
10833 Valley View Street, Suite 150 Cypress, California U.S.A.

Legacy International, Inc. - Legacy Inmate Communications - Legacy Contact Center Services overcharged long distance call 35 dollars for less than 2 minutes Cypress California

May 9, 2008 = make a less than 2 minute long distance phone call from a pay phone at a vacation destination, home (because the cell didn't have bars/service in the area) no biggie I thought to myself = be about 2-3 bucks... Realized no change, had to run my credit/debit card...

There were a bunch of stickers on the phone, with one PROMINENTLY displayed as being "Lower cost than ATT, guaranteed" .. yellow sticker with this phone number on it ==

1-866-9 -TO SAVE
866-986-7288

So, I call it.. AND AGAINST FCC RULES about payphones needing to advertise their rates BEFORE A PERSON AGREES TO THE CALL, it immediately asks for my credit card number =\=

Go ahead, rip-off-report readers = I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU to call that number and tell me I'm wrong. It does NOT ask to verify the price BEFORE it asks for the billing source = FCC violation...

Sooo... I make the call, unwittingly setting myself up for a 35-DOLLAR call from Silver City NM, to back home in S. Arizona = 210 miles away. less than a 2-minute call.

The charges were taken out of my account on May 14, and I have been fighting with this little pinhead Luis Garcia at Legacy for a MONTH to reverse the charges.. They agreed to reverse 75% of the charges.

Finally, today, June 9, after a threatening email (the 4th today) he says it could be about June 19 that the money comes out. We shall see.

So. For any of you that may be looking here for help, Here are the numbers to call and raise Kain, to get charges reversed ==

Phone: 800-577-5534 == you need to keep calling and calling and calling
LGarcia@golegacy.com = the rep I finally got hold of. We will see next week if they really do refund my money...
Here's HIS number ==
800-577-5534 Ext. 287.

The trick is you have GOT to keep after them and after them.

Danielle
TUCSON, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2008 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-International-Inc-Legacy-Inmate-Communications-Legacy-Contact-Center-Services/Cypress-California/Legacy-International-Inc-Legacy-Inmate-Communications-Legacy-Contact-Center-Services-338594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy International, Inc. - Legacy Inmate Communications - Legacy Contact Center Services