Complaint Review: Legacy Long Distance International, ZPDI Billview

• Submitted: Sat, December 24, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, December 24, 2005

• Reported By:Saint Louis Missouri
Legacy Long Distance International, ZPDI Billview
10833 Valley View Street Suite 150 Cypress, California U.S.A.

Legacy Long Distance Int'l & ZPDI $10 per minute charges for COLLECT CALLS, not even received Ripoff Cypress California

I have been charged $80.15 for 3 collect calls from my 8 yr old son, from a motel. Only one of these calls went through and was accepted by me, and lasted only 2-3 minutes maximum. The other two calls occurred in the afternoon when no one was home to even accept the calls!

My 8 year old son went fishing in Illinois and tried to call me to say good night (this is only about a 2 hour drive from our house in Missouri). He made several attempts to call me but none of the calls went through. In the evening I accepted a call that lasted no more than 2 or 3 minutes -- I specifically said to him we had to cut it short because collect calls are expensive!

I received my November phone bill and was charged $53.35 for two calls (including fees and taxes) -- one in the afternoon for 3 mintues and $21.47, which was not received, and one in the evening for 5 minutes and $23.45. I assume the evening call was the one I received from my son but it did not last for 5 minutes.

On my December bill I have additional charges for another call in the afternoon -- $26.80 with taxes and fees for a call 3 minutes in length -- that definitely was not received!

I have contacted my phone company that states I must protest the charges with Legacy/ZPDI (the biller for Legacy). I have contacted Legacy on their web site and by phone -- on the phone I get voice mail and am asked to leave a message. I will continue to protest this with Legacy but am not confident I will obtain satisfactory resolution.

My son and husband tell me that under no circumstances were they informed that the calls were going through Legacy and not our local phone company. They had no way of knowing the charges would be so outrageous, and I am left with no resourse but to pay them because they are charged through my regular telephone bill.

Saint Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2005 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-Long-Distance-International-ZPDI-Billview/Cypress-California-90630/Legacy-Long-Distance-Intl-ZPDI-10-per-minute-charges-for-COLLECT-CALLS-not-even-recei-169178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy Long Distance International, ZPDI Billview