• Report: #200854

• Submitted: Thu, July 13, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, July 13, 2006

• Reported By:Huntington Oregon
Legacy Long Distance - ZPDI
10833 Valley View St., Suite 150, Cypress, California U.S.A.

Legacy Long Distance - ZPDI ripoff Very dishonest fraudelent billing Cypress California

My son was in jail in Portland Oregon and I live 350 miles from there. He kept trying to call me collect and I kept refusing to accept the charges because when I ask the operator the cost of the call, I was told it would be $17.95 for 5 minutes.

I never accepted any of these $17.95 calls, yet in my Centurytel phone bill (by ZPDI) for April, 2006, there were one of the $17.95 charges for March 23rd. and one for April 15th.

I called ZPDI at 888-241-0734 to dispute these charges. The man that I spoke to, said that I must have accepted the calls because the operator ask if my name was Bill. I said yes. I didn't know who was calling and if it is a person to person call, the operator does ask. But when the operator said who was calling and I ask about the cost, I said NO.

The man then told me that if I had not accepted the calls to send a fax to 800-700-1116 explaining what happened. I did that, along with a copy of the bill, on 04-28-2006. About the same time, I made a payment to Centurytel for my phone excluding the two $17.95 charges, with a note saying why. Centurytel called me back and said that they would adjust the bill accordingly.

I did accept two calls, one on April 06 and another on April 07, three minutes each at a cost of $2.77 each and there was a bill fee of $2.49. The cost of these two calls I did not dispute. These charges were put on my Centurytel bill by ZPDI on behalf of Legacy LD INTL INC.

Nothing more did I hear about this until 07-12-2006 when I found a message on my machine from Legacy saying that if I didn't contact them, they would block my phone. I tried two times on 07-12-2006 and once the next day and was put on a voice mail box, at which I left my phone number and ref. number. I have yet to hear from them.??????????

Bill j.
Huntington, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2006 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-Long-Distance-ZPDI/Cypress-California/Legacy-Long-Distance-ZPDI-ripoff-Very-dishonest-fraudelent-billing-Cypress-California-200854. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy Long Distance - ZPDI