Complaint Review: Legacy Long Distance

• Submitted: Thu, July 12, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 12, 2007

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Legacy Long Distance
10833 Valley View Street, Suite 150 Cypress, California U.S.A.

Legacy Long Distance credit card calls call collect Cypress California

My cellphone died at the Philadelphia airport so I had to use a phone to tell my family that my flight was delayed. I saw a permanent banner on each of the phones that said 'for discount calling' use Legacy. So I did, and guess what? Like other people who have written complaints about this company, I was unpleasantly surprised to see my credit card statement had charges of $14 (for a 30-second answering maching message I left), another $14 (for another 30-second message), and $17 (for a person-to-person call <5mins.). They also charge $1.00 for every call when no one answers the phone on the other end. It is a HUGE SCAM and a HUGE RIPOFF. Their phone advertisement clearly says "discount calls" on it. They should have a class action lawsuit filed against them. I'd readily join it.

Janice
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2007 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-Long-Distance/Cypress-California-90630/Legacy-Long-Distance-credit-card-calls-call-collect-Cypress-California-260447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy Long Distance