Complaint Review: Legacy Long Distance

• Submitted: Thu, August 12, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, August 12, 2004

• Reported By:Abingdon Virginia
Legacy Long Distance
1 World Trade Center, Suite 1100, Long Beach, CA 90831 Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

LEGACY LD INTL INC long distance phone charge rip-off! Long Beach, California

While calling home from a motel in Richmond, VA, I used operator assistance to place a collect call to my home. I was charged for 3 minutes at a cost of $13.87. I called Legacy LD Ltd to see if there was a billing error. I ask for an adjustment to this charge. I was told in no uncertain terms that I was ignorant for not asking the rates prior to placing the call. There would be no adjustment.

I contacted Sprint and ask them to place this amount in dispute on my account. I also told the Legacy representative that I would be reporting them to the Interstate Commerce Commission and the Better Business Bureau. Apparently they had heard this before. I do not dispute making the call but I feel these charges are like being robbed.

Big Stone Gap, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2004 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-Long-Distance/Richmond-Virginia/LEGACY-LD-INTL-INC-long-distance-phone-charge-rip-off-Long-Beach-California-103386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy Long Distance