Complaint Review: Legacy Publishing Company

• Reported By: Wendel Black — Stanwood Washington United States of America
Legacy Publishing Company
511 Wisconsin Drive New Richmond, Wisconsin United States of America

Legacy Publishing Company Total Transformation Scam New Richmond, Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: Legacy Publishing did the same thing to me!

My wife ordered the total transformation program from legacy publishing by phone. By the time I realized that she had placed order, it was well passed the 30 day money back gaurantee that they offer. I had charges on my American Express card for 119.00, 1.00, 19.00, 119.00, 49.00 for total 307.00. My wife told me that she was unaware that our card would be charged for the product before the 90 day period where you have to return survey. I called Legacy publishing and informed them I was returning the total transformation package unopened and will be putting a block on them as a merchant on my american Express card to prevent them from charging the last 119.00 payment for the program, which would total 426.00. I filed dispute for the current charges of 307.00 with American Express, Lost, and now am stuck with 307.00 to pay with nothing to show for it. I called Legacy Publishing and requested the original phone transcript from the order, and have reopened the dispute claim with American Express. I have read many complaints from other people about this same program, similar situations. Companies such as Legacy Publishing are getting away with operating unethical buisness practices, taking advantage of consumers, and getting away with it because they have the fine print to cover their a**es.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2012 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-Publishing-Company/New-Richmond-Wisconsin-54017-2613/Legacy-Publishing-Company-Total-Transformation-Scam-New-Richmond-Wisconsin-862603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy Publishing Company

Legacy Publishing did the same thing to me!

AUTHOR: Michele in Chicago - (United States of America)

They had been charging by credit card 39.00 a month since 2010 without my consent or knowledge.  I have a book keeper who does my bills and she assumed this was a legit charge for my business.  When I finally discovered this charge I called Legacy Publishing and they told me I authorized this charge.  I told them I did not and they needed to show me proof of my authorization.  They could not do this but they assured me they simply wouldn't charge my card without my authorization.  BUT they DID!!

PLEASE!  Anyone who has been ripped off by this awful scam of a company that promises to help parents who are hurting and in desperate need of help with their children and often ashamed and vulnerable PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE file a report with the CONSUMER PROTECTION AGENCY.  If enough of us file, the CPA will initiate an investigation into the company and will discover their criminal activity.  We may not be able to get our money back but we can prevent them from stealing from other unsuspecting people and get some satisfaction out of seeing criminal charges filed.  Because yes, what they are doing is indeed a crime.

rarely