Complaint Review: Legacy Visa Aka First National Credit Card

• Submitted: Wed, October 27, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, October 27, 2004

• Reported By:Stevenson Ranch California
Legacy Visa Aka First National Credit Card
500 East 60th Strett North Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

Legacy Visa Aka First National Credit Card Pre-Approved Credit Card Scan Sioux Falls South Dakota

I received a pre-approved application for a Legacy Visa Card for up to a $1500 credit limit in the mail. They asked for a processing fee of $9.00. I decided to check on the staus of my application and decided to see if there was a web address rather than calling long distance.

Well! To my surprise when I did a search on the web for this company, I noticed a consumer alert in the returned results for my search. I then researched the consumer rip off report and found several horror stories on how this company had ripped people off.

Immediately, I called the company and spoke to a customer service representative to cancel my application. It is true, that if approved your card is automatically charged a $119.00 introductory fee, plus a $6.00 monthly fee, and a $56.00 annual fee. This totals to $181 of charges placed on your account prior to you receiving your card. These charges are not specifically explained in the introductory offer. However, in the small print it states in small print that most customer receive a credit limit of $250, but due to fees billed on your first statment your available credit may start out at $75. Truly a RIP OFF!

I insisted on a physical address to write in order to get my $9.00 reimbursement.

Lee
Stevenson Ranch, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2004 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-Visa-Aka-First-National-Credit-Card/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57104/Legacy-Visa-Aka-First-National-Credit-Card-Pre-Approved-Credit-Card-Scan-Sioux-Falls-South-114847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy Visa Aka First National Credit Card