Complaint Review: Legacy Visa Card - First National Credit Card - First National Bank

• Submitted: Sun, June 10, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, May 02, 2014

• Reported By:Lexington North Carolina
Legacy Visa Card - First National Credit Card - First National Bank
Pierre, South Dakota U.S.A.

Legacy Visa Card - First National Credit Card - First National Bank Fraudulent terms in agreement. Required an enormous amount of money to be charged to the card to be able to obtain credit. ripoff Pierre South Dakota

*General Comment: Thanks you Legacy Visa!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Consumer Comment: Respondents are not real customers

*Consumer Comment: I Believe everything I hear about First National Bank of Omaha

*Consumer Comment: Stop Whining!!!

*Consumer Comment: First National Credit Card (Legacy Visa)

*Consumer Comment: read the enclosed information

*Consumer Suggestion: Look before you leap

When I was contacted by this Visa company to obtain a card, it was for credit rebuilding purposes. I thought this was a legitimate company so I filled out the application and sent it in.

When I received my card, there was a $250 dollar limite, with a $199.00 processing and fees charge, giving me a small limit for charging purposes. I received this card with immediate debt, and was obligated to pay or risk bad credit reporting to credit agencies.

I feel this is fraudulent, and should be prosecuted.

Melissa
Lexington, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2007 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-Visa-Card-First-National-Credit-Card-First-National-Bank/Pierre-South-Dakota/Legacy-Visa-Card-First-National-Credit-Card-First-National-Bank-Fraudulent-terms-in-ag-253484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy Visa Card - First National Credit Card - First National Bank

#1 General Comment

Thanks you Legacy Visa!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: superuser - ()

This is not a bad card! We have gone through hard times and this company has given us a chance.......Our rating has gone up 20 points in 3 months! We are not employees of the comapny and that is fact! As for the fees get for real..................People with bad credit did not pay the bills before and this company is taking a chance on everyone that applies........................Just our thoughts..................Thanks

Respondents are not real customers

AUTHOR: Fred A - ()

I just realized the person that keeps responding to these reports (with multiple accounts) is actually an employee of First National Bank. The same moron is posting on my ripoff report, posing as a "satisfied customer who will gladly pay all the ridiculous fees for such a wonderful super dooper credit card"

I Believe everything I hear about First National Bank of Omaha

AUTHOR: Fred A - ()

I just filed my report here about First National Bank of Omaha. What a bunch of MORONS!

Check it out:

Stop Whining!!!

AUTHOR: JOSE SARMIENTO - (United States of America)

I recently received an invitation from First National Bank for a legacy Visa. They gave me a $1,500 limit and charged a small $75.00 fee. Everything was clearly stated on the invitation and I wasn't hit with any surprise fees or any such nonsense. Stop Whining and making excuses. This bank is taking a huge risk on people that have already proved to be unreliable so fees and high interest rates are to be expected. Not reading the terms is part of the problem which caused your credit to go bad and whining about it isn't going to get you anywhere. Pay your bill and stop complaining. Own up to your debts. I found everything I needed to know clearly disclosed on the documents that came with the application. There is no reason for you to have been surprised.

First National Credit Card (Legacy Visa)

AUTHOR: Vonshay Mccarther - (U.S.A.)

Was just going through a few comments and issues with legacy visa aka First National Credit Card.. Its sad that most people dont look at full detail when looking at a contract etc before for buying or excepting service then when something comes up that they ready over or not all comes up they have a fit and think they got screwed/scammed/etc. Ive been a Legacy Visa card holder for over five years now and til this day i remember reading that you'll have a for sure approval however with that said this is a card to help those with no or bad credit rebuild there's and there're taking a risk that you wont pay their bill like you havent done others in the past...reason for current bad credit.make a long story short on the website or in the mail the contract clearly stated over 5yrs ago and today that you will start with a $250 credit limit however your first months bill wil include a $199 processing fee along with other fees that will be taking out of your limit on your first bill. also states that with GOOD UPKEEP & ONTIME payments your credit limit will increase every SIX months.. meaning pay your bill every month on time not just 3,4,5 months at a time and just just the minium payment. i started with a $250 just like everyone else and now have a $2500 plus limit which goes up every SIX months as stated. READ YOUR CONTRACTS, PAY YOUR BILLS, DONT COMPLAIN WHEN YOU DONT.

read the enclosed information

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

The up front fees are disclosed in the literature sent with the offer. I have Legacy credit cards of my own, and willingly paid the fees.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Look before you leap

AUTHOR: Smarterthanyou - (U.S.A.)

I think that if the consumer would READ what they were getting into, perhaps they would not fee "ripped off" when exactly what is stated in the terms, actually happens.
Many times the consumer is jumping to blame someone else for their lack of folloe through. I think that it is time that the consumer to take responsibility for their actions, all of their actions.