Complaint Review: Legacy Visa Card

• Submitted: Thu, January 03, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 03, 2008

• Reported By:Dover Delaware
Legacy Visa Card
www.firstnationalcc.com Pierre, South Dakota U.S.A.

The previous Rip Off Report on Legacy Visa prompted me to view my account online. At this time, I found out after using the card only twice (totalling 12.00) that I only had an available credit of $12. When I called the representative said that I had gone over my limit, and confirmed that my available credit. I told her, that this is actually a secured card. If the consumer has to pay 90% of the balance, then that is exactly what it is. She argued that this was written in the terms and conditions.

I beg to differ. Of most importance to the consumer is the interest rate. Also, the majority of credit card companies will plainly state on the paper on which the card is attached the ACTUAL amount available for credit -- which in turn prompts the cardholder to review the terms and condition if the available credit is considerably less than what you had anticipated. These "Loan Sharks" clearly printed $250. as your credit limit. BUT Your limit is not $250.00 -- It is only $12.00 -- once you use the card, you are then obligated to pay them the remaining $240.00 in order to maintain a good credit rating with these jerks. This is money you never even charged to this card.

This company is very shady. I wish I had read the Rip Off report before applying and activating this Secured card! You would be much better off buying a Green Dot card from the grocery store and loading cash onto it yourself -- which is essentially what Legacy cardholders are doing. I am infuriated and humiliated. DO NOT fall into their trap people!

Ripped Off -- and seeking compensation!

Ripped off
Dover, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2008 07:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-Visa-Card/Pierre-South-Dakota/Legacy-Visa-Card-DONT-BE-FOOLED-INTO-BELIEVING-THIS-IS-A-CREDIT-CARD-Pierre-South-Dakota-296569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy Visa Card