Complaint Review: Legacy Visa

• Submitted: Wed, March 05, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 05, 2008

• Reported By:Franklin Maine
Legacy Visa
PO Box 5097 Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

Legacy Visa, First National Credit Card Additional charges after paying balance in full ,closed account Sioux Falls South Dakota

First, I was fully aware of the high charges when I obtained this card. I do not dispute them. I got this card to help me through a tough time while I resolved my credit issues. Once I was comfortable with my credit again, I called and cancelled my card (12/07). January of 2008 I phoned the company and asked what my payoff amount would be. They gave me the amount, I informed them I would be sending a check for payment in full that day, I asked if there would be any additional charges and was told no.

I sent a check that day for the amount I was told was the payoff, and marked my check "paid in full". Six days following this I received a call from the company informing me my monthly payment was late. The woman was very kind, I told her about the check being mailed, gave her the amount, check number and date of the check...she told me a late fee had been tacked onto my account, but under the circumstances she would have that waved.

Now, in March I just received a statement with a bill for $32.68. I called the company that day, asked for a supervisor (the woman that answered was quite unhelpful) and was told no supervisors were available and I wouold be contacted as soon as they became available. I was never contacted.

Today, 3/5, I phoned the company again. Again, I explained my situation, but the representative kept telling me my last payment was late and I was issued a finance charge as well as the late fee. On my closed account...that I paid in full! I asked for her manager/supervisor and have gotten the same runaround. No one has called me back. I think these charges are bogus and sneaky and should be removed, but I am getting nowhere!!

Ejmaine
Franklin, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2008 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-Visa/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117/Legacy-Visa-First-National-Credit-Card-Additional-charges-after-paying-balance-in-full-c-314979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy Visa