- Report: #1049903
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Legacy at Westwood Apartments
Legacy at Westwood Apartments10833 Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles, California Uruguay
Legacy at Westwood Apartments Bait and Switch Amenities Scam - Construction Noise 6 days every week! Los Angeles California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
For about $4000 a month for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom this is what you get:
- A few months after moving in, we were told the pool would be renovated (at the onset of summer!), and would be done in 2-3 months. It instead took nearly a year! Instead of a rent refund or decrease, our rent instead went up a few hundred dollars per month! For the first few months they told us we could use the indoor pool at the gym across the street. Not at at all comparable to a roof-deck outdoor pool that we paid for. Eventually they told us we could use the pool at a hotel about 5-6 blocks away, but only during the weekdays. This was a major project that would have to have been planned months in advance, but we were not notified of this when we signed our lease of course.
- This building has over 180 units or so. Every time someone moves out. they begin renovating the unit. This usually takes up to a month for each apartment, and includes ripping out flooring, redoing ceilings, countertops, cabinets, etc. The noise at times is extreme, and because this building has concrete floors that easily carry vibrations , the sound of them renovating one unit all the way on the other side of the building carries through very loudly to all the other units. This results in constant hammering heard through our ceilings or floors from 9am -5pm, even on Saturdays. Since there are so many units this has been going on for over a year, and there are still a ton of units that havent been renovated yet and are on the list to be done. There are times when even heavier machinery is brought in, such as jack hammers, and it makes daytime occupation almost impossible. They've sent some emails out saying they foud a new method and it'll be quietier, but it is still extremely loud and annoying. I'd estimate this will be going on for at least another 2 years at the rate they're going. Again, no rent refund or decrease was issued. The rent on both the updated and non-updated units has increased.
-The previous valet service which was experienced and friendly was repaced with what appears to be some budget valet company with drivers that dont' seem professional enough to trust with my personal vehicle. I've seen them fly around the parking garage at ridiculous speeds, and there has been talk of residents being brought up the wrong vehicles as well as cars being damaged.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2013 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-at-Westwood-Apartments/Los-Angeles-California-90024/Legacy-at-Westwood-Apartments-Bait-and-Switch-Amenities-Scam-Construction-Noise-6-days-1049903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.