Complaint Review: Legacy collect Calls

• Updated: Tue, June 04, 2013

• Reported By: Luis Sanchez — palo alto California
Legacy collect Calls
10833 Valley View St. Internet United States of Am Internet USA

Legacy collect Calls collect call, ask for credit card info NO RATES INFO, charge $46 for 22 minutes they rip off the consumer golegacy.com Internet

My wife was away in a camping trip at Memorial Park in California, my kid had an accident and my wife used the pay phone at the park to call collect. When I took the call a recording prompted me with my credit card information which I gave then it connect me without giving information about the charge, we talked for 22 minutes and got charged $46 $2.09 a minute.

I called Legacy Collect Calls to ask why was I being charged such an incredible rate per minute and why they did not advice before hand, they said that had I listen carefully they provided a phone umber to call if I was interested in seeing the rates, I'm writing this report in the hopes that other don't get abused by this company like they did with me. You are always suppossed to disclose your rates before charging a credit card Legacy could charge a million dollars for the call and because they gave you a phone number for you to enquire the rates they think they can do that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2013 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-collect-Calls/internet/Legacy-collect-Calls-collect-call-ask-for-credit-card-info-NO-RATES-INFO-charge-46-fo-1056337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy collect Calls