- Report: #474441
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Legal Club MDHP8003195243 Healthplan Merchant Discount Health Plan Discover Card Network
Legal Club MDHP8003195243 Healthplan Merchant Discount Health Plan Discover Card Network7771 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 217 Sunrise, Florida U.S.A.
Legal Club Merchant Discount Health Plan Discover Card Network MDHP8003195243 Signs up Discover Merchants for bogus healthplan and other services Sunrise Florida
Enzo was professional, but limited in his role to do much against me. I repeatedly side-stepped his stern discussion, which included:
1. Blaming me for signing up. I need to take responsibility.
2. Lambasting me for not listening to the recorded message.
3. Scolding me for not looking at the bank statements and noticing it sooner.
4. Telling me repeatedly that the amount he was refunding was BEYOND the company policy. (He resorted to calling it a "deal" which I found distasteful.)
5. Repeatedly claiming that company policy was being bent and broken, and that I was just blowing smoke.
6. Consistent reminders that he had all day, and the answer was no to getting a full refund.
7. Numerous discussions about why, if I had received the welcome package and I was not satisfied, I neglected to cancel my membership by calling sooner during the 30-day trial.
My main Ace in the Hole was that this whole transaction was due to the fact that Legal Club has a deal with Discover as a service provider. Legal Club uses the Discover Network as their entry into this lucrative business. All I needed to say was that I was going to cancel my Discover Merchant Account. But I had to say it numerous times for the conversation to go on.
So persistence does pay off, literally, I spent an extra 15 to 20 minutes to get the rest of my money back. Pretty reasonable way to spend my time.
One of the unusual details about this was their claim that I signed up in November, and yet the first bill was in March. I pointed this out and he had no explanation. I proposed the idea that I had likely canceled it and then Legal Club signed me back up. Preposterous, perhaps. But I may never know.
I never did get to hear the recorded message. I asked to hear it after he kept persisting. Perhaps it was so pathetic that we would have been discussing it for another 15 minutes, or they lost it, or whatever. Here was the final disposition:
Enzo said that he spoke with their corporate office and they decided that it wasn't worth the $39.95 to keep talking. Oh, and I did get an authorization code. See if yours matches mine: RS52294332.
But I have one more complaint: as far as I can see, there was also another couple of months of $39.95 prior to the "MDHP8003195243 Healthplan" showing up on my bank statement. So I may have missed a few months and mistr enzo did not mention it. (I am sure he recognized why my bank statement started showing it a few months after the alleged signup.) Because prior to this, there is a mysterious $39.95 charge from "DISCOVER NETWORK SETTLEMENT" which likely correlates to the same Healthplan. But what makes it confusing is that the same charge is listed for normal merchant account usage via Discover.
And it just so happens that Discover probably around that time switched from self-billing to pass-through billing by the merchant account providers ISO or processor. In other words, this was unusual timing. Someone had to manually invent the new MDHP part to show on bank statements where it was previously hid as a Discover fee.
So I may need to discuss the extra couple of month charges directly with Discover. I still need to decide if I want to keep taking Discover, because it seems like this was an expensive learning curve for us here. I would recommend giving Discover card providers the "do not call me a again" policy, especially if employees could mistakenly sign you up for something.
Mike from cincinnati
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Discover Card
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 02:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Club-MDHP8003195243-Healthplan-Merchant-Discount-Health-Plan-Discover-Card-Network/Sunrise-Florida-33351/Legal-Club-Merchant-Discount-Health-Plan-Discover-Card-Network-MDHP8003195243-Signs-up-Dis-474441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)