Complaint Review: Legal Eye Network

• Updated: Wed, June 05, 2013

• Reported By: Stop Fraud — santa crzz California
Legal Eye Network
Internet USA

Legal Eye Network Con Artist .. Makes False Claim of being Representative of Wells Fargo Bank Internet

Following is information about a call my mother who is 88 years old got yesterday.

On June 4th my mother received a call from a person stating they were with Wells Fargo Bank (she banks with Wells Fargo) and said it was time for her to renew her "fraud protection plan". She told him she didn't know she had one and he told her she had it for years The plan cost $387 and if she didn't have the money they could set-up an installment plan for her to pay it'. He asked her several times "was Wells Fargo treating her well". The person gave his name as James Darby with Legal Eye Network, Ph 1-888-368-7682. I can't find anything on the internet about them except one person that stated their mother was scammed by them. He told my mother he wanted to ask her questions and tape her answers. He continued to tell her that the questions he wanted her to answer while being taped must be answered only about what he asked her and if she asked any questions not related to his question he would have start over again. She told him again she didn't remember anything about the fraud protection plan and he responded that he didn't remember what he had for breakfast. She also told him she wanted to talk to me (her son) first and he said no she could do that later. She told me she started to feel uneasy about the whole thing and hung up on him. He called her back several times but she wouldn't talk to him and hung up on him. My mother called me after this and gave me the phone number which I called and was very upset with them about the call to her, I asked about the person James Darby and the man I talked to said he was a sales associate. He asked for my mothers phone # and said he would delete her from their calling list. I was asking him why someone would say the things this James person did and he denied anyone would say anything like that. He hung up on me as I asked more questions, I called back twice and always got this same guy who wouldn't give his name. This morning at 8:50am my mother got another call from this James person again and she hung up on him, I called the number again and got the same guy I talked to yesterday wanted to know why they were still calling her, he didn't know and said he would take care of it. Yesterday I had my mother write down everything that happened so I could pursue these jerks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Eye-Network/internet/Legal-Eye-Network-Con-Artist-Makes-False-Claim-of-being-Representative-of-Wells-Fargo-1056744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legal Eye Network