Complaint Review: Legal Helpers

• Updated: Fri, October 05, 2012

• Reported By: CaliMike — Valley Village California United States of America
Legal Helpers
17461 Derian Ave. #200 Irvine, California United States of America

Legal Helpers Catastrophic Account Mismanagement/$5,700 Overcharge Irvine, California

I hired Legal Helpers in December 2009. My plan began 12/31/09. My total debt was $23,642.18, and my plan called for me to pay $15,303.20. After some initial fees I would pay $423.85 per month for 36 months.

The same day  Legal Helpers plan took effect, my biggest credior canceled a debt of $8,924.88 (I successfully got that debt canceled independent of Legal Helpers), and about 30 days later I was surprised to receive a 1099-C Cancellation of Debt Form in the mail, canceling the debt of $8,924.88.

Legal Helpers has 2 offices... Main office in Chicago and the Administrative Office in Irvine, CA. Since I live in California and signed up via the Irvine office, I called the same woman who signed me up and took in all my paperwork. She instructed me to fax over the cancellation of Debt Form. I did so, twice. I then called the woman again to confirm she received the faxes. She verified that she did. I then also copied and mailed a copy of the form to them, and also scanned & sent the form to them for a total of 4 times.

As soon as they received the 1099-C Cancellation of Debt Form what they should have done, and were legally required to do, was immediately adjust my total debt from $23,642.18 down to $14,717.30, and the amount of my bill should have been adjusted from $15,303.20 down to $9,613.00.  But they never adjusted my account, keeping my total debt at $23,642.18 and they still billed me $15,303.20, overcharging me $5,700.00.

With the $8,924.88 debt canceled, my adjusted debt was $14,717.30... and that amount is BEFORE they negotiated any reduction in debt with the other creditors. But instead of charging me the adjusted bill of $9,613.00, they still billed me $15,303.20. Overcharging me $5,700.00.

Their final electronic withdrawal from my bank account of $423.85 should have been in Septembe 2011, but they made 13 additional withdrawls from October 2011-October 2012.

They have committed: Catastrophic Account Mismanagement. Massive Fraud. Perjury. Grand Larceny. Wire Fraud. Massive Overcharging. Theft. Failure to provide services. Concealment. Charging of illegal fees.

I have pursued them relentlessly at both their Irvine, California and Chicago, Illinois offices via phone, fax, mail, and e-mail, and I have demanded that they immediately refund the $5,700.00 overcharge. Yet nothing from them at all. I want to sue the hell out of them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2012 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Helpers/Irvine-California-92614/Legal-Helpers-Catastrophic-Account-Mismanagement5700-Overcharge-Irvine-California-951469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legal Helpers