Complaint Review: Legal Home Loan Solutions

• Updated: Thu, January 06, 2011

• Reported By: Craig — Steilacoom Washington United States of America
Legal Home Loan Solutions
Jupiter, Florida United States of America

Legal Home Loan Solutions Thomas C. Matevia, Stacy Blow, Christine Comfort, Kayla Cavalelro, Christine Studenroth Fly by night scam artists! Jupiter , Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: amazing to me

*Author of original report: Response

*Consumer Comment: Dear God

I, too, have been a victem of Thomas C. Matevia and his bevy of scammers! Worked with them for nearly a year with promises being made the whole time as to what they were doing and what a great outcome the process would bring. Well, here I am, $3000 lighter in the pocket, worse off then when I started with them! Thomas Matevia, Stacy Blow, Christine Comfort, Christine Studenroth, Kayla Cavallero, how do you sleep at night knowing you victimized untold numbers of people who put their trust and faith in you for something they worked so hard for? I have written to the BBB, the State Attoney Generals office, the Florida Bar Association and the Florida Chamber of Commerce. But It won't end there. I would like to join the countless other people here whom you screwed and seek repayment of the funds you are most likely enjoying on a nice warm beach while we scramble to stave off foreclosure or worse! I pray you rot in a place a bit warmer than some sunny beach!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2010 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Home-Loan-Solutions/Jupiter-Florida-/Legal-Home-Loan-Solutions-Thomas-C-Matevia-Stacy-Blow-Christine-Comfort-Kayla-Cavalelr-677210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legal Home Loan Solutions

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

amazing to me

AUTHOR: mrs. riped off - (USA)

I filled my own rip off report right before you and if you look at the response i got it mimicks the response you have. Thomas C, Matevia...Ron Myers....Jaime Laraquente....Mark Andrews...all a bunch of digenerates. i get an email on November 20th that all is fine and they will be calling me within that week...i get a letter in December that the office is shutting down and they can no longer assist. As far as the bumb that is responding on behalf of this Sham for an office...your an idiot. After i realized that the process was being pushed to the side bk in October, I asked Your "idol" to put me on a repayment plan....i just spoke to an attorney that is presently accuring all documentations from all the victims of the Thomas C. Matevia law firm.....so be a fan all you want and hide like the garbage MoFo's you all are....

and as far as all other victims I feel your pain but there is a solution. Go to HUD...people dont believe in them because they are free, but no one works harder

Response

AUTHOR: Craig - (United States of America)

Hmmm...allow me to retort! I continued to meet my monthly obligations with my lender even tho the monthly payment was nearly $2400 at 8.99%. Legal Home Loan Solutiions gave me a list of things they would do for me to reduce (did you get that, reduce?) my interest rate and/or monthly payment. I was in constant contact with my mortgage lender so knew just what LHLS was doing, or in this case, not doing. They were not doing what they the contract stipulated, they were not negotiating with the mortgage lender as they said they would, and they were merely passing on the paperwork and information I gave them to the mortgage lender which after talking with counslors from HOPE I could have done myself. It was they that did not honor the terms of their own contract and if you read the flood of reviews from several websites you will see that I am not the only one that they have taken advantage of. When a contract is signed it is the responsiblity of both parties to honor the agreement struck between them. I honored my portion to the letter, they cannot say the same. So regardless if you feel that this is a legit company the end result is a lot of unhappy people that were left out in the cold by LHLS.

Dear God

AUTHOR: the real deal - (United States of America)

First of all, i honestly feel for your situation. The housing market and the way the current administration is handling this nation wide epidemic is ludicrous.

With that said, you made an agreement with the lender. Your failure to pay alone is the sole reason for all your troubles. You hire a law firm to negotiate a contract to which you signed. Which means, in actuality, you are guilty of not complying with your contractual obligations.

The only way to negotiate a legal matter responsibly is to hire an attorney to do so, regardless of any outcome that may or may not occur. Very similar to a murder trial, there is a defendant, guilty or not guilty, who has to obtain a lawyer for representation.

Your bank sucks, they screwed you. You hired a lawyer to whom did the good deed taking on your case in the first place. Most of these cases are losers, however there are lawyers that are willing to put their good name on the line, in order to try to get some resolute.

I know this lawfirm, they are a legitimate practice faced with very difficult tasks. The outcome is up to your lender, not the firm. I am sure if you look at the work that was done on your case you can openly admit that they did, in fact work for you, regardless of the conclusion.

Again, i feel for you and your family. However to blame a firm, to which you paid ans signed contracs with as well, for your troubles is irresponsible and ignorant.