brings

• Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: ivan — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
Legal Loan Review
505 S. Villa Real Dr, Suite 100 Anaheim, California United States of America

Legal Loan Review Legal Loan Group SCAMMED me for $2995 for 2009 Home Owner Affordability and Stability Loan Application Anaheim, California

*Author of original report: Legal Loan Review RESOLVED my complaint and REFUNDED me!

Legal Loan Review,  aka Legal Loan Group told me in print that they could get me an $80,000 principle reduction (from $291K to $203K) and a new interest rate of 2% instead of my current rate of 4.25% on my current mortgage, based on the 2009 Home Owner Affordability and Stability Plan) HAMP loan. When I made the comment to the customer service/Sales representative (Verna Vollmer) that there would be no incentive for my current mortgage holder/banker PHH Inc) to approve the loan, she told me that a 3rd party/Banker would administer the loan, and that LLR would process/handle my loan
application.

Legal Loan Review (LLR) submitted my loan application to my current Mortgage holder PHH Mortgage counter to what I was told. LLR kept telling me I was approved for the loan, and it was being processed by PHH mortgage. Luis Casillas at LLR was my contact/representative throughout the process. [continued below]....
..... When I contacted PHH Mortgage, in late January 2012,  I was told I did not qualify for the HAMP program.

In May 2012, Sherry Jones, a supervisor at LLR, contacted me and we talked about a refund, after she heard my story. I explained to Sherry that I was told LLR would not submit the loan application to my current mortgage holder, Sherry actually made the comment that "There would be no incentive on the part of PHH Mortgage to approve the HAMP loan with a mortgage in good standing". I told Sherry that is exactly what I told Verna Follmer.

Sherry Jones has not returned my phone calls since then!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2012 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Loan-Review/Anaheim-California-92807/Legal-Loan-Review-Legal-Loan-Group-SCAMMED-me-for-2995-for-2009-Home-Owner-Affordability-893338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legal Loan Review

Legal Loan Review RESOLVED my complaint and REFUNDED me!

AUTHOR: ivan - (United States of America)

I originally complained that Legal Loan Review failed to follow up on their offer to refund me, as a agreed to. I would like to commend Luis Casillas for his diligence and integrity. Luis was assisting me during the loan modification process and was transferred to another department. His replacement failed to follow through on that service, and I finally requested a refund. There was no response for the past 4 months.
I received a call from Luis last week, as he was transferred back to his last department, and in following up on the status of customers he was working with, he discovered my situation was still unresolved. Luis called me, and explained that the last supervisor at LLR that I was working with, had left the company, and that is why no one contacted me, as I had 'fallen through the cracks'.
When Luis discovered that I still had not received me refund, he immediately resolved this to my satisfaction. He is truly an asset to LLR for that kind of diligence.
I can heartily recommend LLG, as they have proven that they do follow through on their commitments, albeit it late, resulting from unfortunate circumstances when great employees are transferred.