Complaint Review: Legal Loan Review

• Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: Tracey — Union City New Jersey
Legal Loan Review
505 S. Villa Real Drive Anaheim, California United States of America

Legal Loan Review Took a legal retainer fee to help facilitate a Loan Modification promising results within 60-90 days, over a year now, home in foreclosure and never modified my loan. Anaheim, California

Was beginning to fall behind in my mortgage payments.  I received a advertisement in the mail offering their assistance in working with mortgage companies to remodify home loans.  When I inquired over a year ago I was "pre-approved" for a mortgage loan reduction of $111, 000 (assistance from Obama plan) and a interest rate reduction from 2-4%.  I was told that the entire process would take anywhere from 60-90 days.

The "legal fee" was $2995 which I had to provide in money orders.  As soon as Legal Loan Review received my money the customer services dwindled.  I went through a dozen "customer service representatives" which contributed to fragmented services and inconsistent follow up with my lender.  I submitted the required paper work several different times.  One required form had to be resubmitted three different times. After the third time, and my lender terminating the modification process, with my follow up my lender advised me that the form was incomplete and had the incorrect information on it (a service that was to be provided by Legal Loan Review).

They were to update me weekly on  the progress of my modification and months would go by where I did not hear from them.  I would leave numerous messages and never get a call back.  The 60 and 90 days passed and my mortgage defaulted and went into foreclosure.

After almost a year after I started the process I received paperwork from the FBI notifying me that Legal Loan Review was under investigation for fraud.  Soon after that the numbers I had just rang, no voicemail options or were disconnected.

I took matters into my own hands and began negotiating with my lender directly.  After three months of my own negotiations with my lender I was approved for a temporary modification.  After 2 months of not being able to contact Legal Loan Review, and working directly with my lender, Legal Loan Review contacted me (as if no time had passed) to congratulate me that my modification was soon to be complete.  Yes, with no thanks to Legal Loan Review.  When I requested for my monies back they said there was no refund, although in my contract it clearly stated that if services were not rendered as outlined in the contract, that all monies would be refunded minus a $500 fee.

I am currently fighting them for my refund.  Also, since I began this process they have now changed their requirements to only accepting monies if and when they are able to successfully provide you with your service.

The customer services was poor at best.  I would go months without hearing from them.  Many of the "Customer Service Representatives" were rude and unprofessional.  Services contractually promised to me were not rendered.  Going with Legal Loan Review almost cost me my home.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Loan-Review/Anaheim-California-92807/Legal-Loan-Review-Took-a-legal-retainer-fee-to-help-facilitate-a-Loan-Modification-promi-1045434. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legal Loan Review