Complaint Review: Legal Match

Legal Match
San Francisco, California USA

Legal Match scam; ripoff; not worth money spent San Francisco California

*General Comment: Same thing happened to me

*General Comment: It's true.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Confirmation of Deceptive Practices Against Attorney's

Lawyers be warned! Do NOT sign up with Legal Match!

They promise you the world, force their contract on you ("we can't negotiate with every lawyer wanting to make changes to our agreement, so it is take it or leave it!") and then when you complain about the type of clients that it attracts (i.e., people wanting free advice) or a real complaint about having to compete against non-lawyers, they brush off the complaints and put the focus back on you (you didn't call enough prospective clients, you didn't do x, y or z....fill in the blank!)

I did everything they suggested and it ended up costing me a ton of money.  The clients that I did obtain were not long lasting (read: not loyal) and/or well paying clients.

I told them to shove it after 8 months, so it will be interesting to see if they sue me for the remainder of the contract.  I have heard that they sue their former lawyers, so here we go!  I will check back here periodically to update this report.

LAWYER'S BEWARE! DON'T SUCCUMB TO THE HIGH PRESSURE SALES TACTICS OF LEGAL MATCH!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2013 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Match/San-Francisco-California/Legal-Match-scam-ripoff-not-worth-money-spent-San-Francisco-California-1086980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legal Match

#1 General Comment

Same thing happened to me

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

I am also an attorney and the same thing happened to me.

Would love to be part of a class-action against Legal Match.

Thay should not be allowed to get away with this stuff.

#2 General Comment

It's true.

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

I am an attorney.

The same thing happened to me.

Would love to be part of a class-action.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Confirmation of Deceptive Practices Against Attorney's

AUTHOR: Advocate - (USA)

I am an attorney in CA that has doup by Legal Match.  What this attorney has stated is accurate, as the same has happened to me and I am considering a lawsuit against Legal Match.  If there are any other attorney's that have been mislead by Legal Match's deceptive practices, please post or contact Rip Off information, as a class action or participation as a witness is clearly beneficial to stop Legal Match's practices.