Complaint Review: Legal Network of America

• Updated: Mon, September 10, 2012

• Reported By: Kit — Flowery Branch Georgia United States of America
Legal Network of America
22320 Foothill Blvd Hayward, California United States of America

Legal Network of America New Vista Credit Solutions What A Big Ripoff! Hayward, California

I read about the services of these groups via the internet.  I contacted them and was told they could negotiate my credit card balance at 50% of the balance.   When asked how that would affect my credit scores, they said..."sure, it would take a small hit, but would bounce back in a few months."

So, I began making my payments to Legal Network of America.  In 5 months I paid a total of $4,356.91 to them, and made no payments to Chase.   In the sixth month, I got a call from a debt collector advising me that Chase would not negotiate with any debt collection company!  I am sure that New Vista and Legal Network knew this up front, but never advised me at all.  I called them and told them I wanted to cancel their services, and in the end after all their hidden costs, and penalties, I got a refund of $1500 back!  They took $2850+ of my money, and I got royally ripped off.  All they did was get money from my bank account every month on automatic withdrawl!  What did they do to earn the $2850+?   Nothing.

In the end, I negotiated with the debt collection agent and got 50% off anyway...thanks to my own negotiation skills.  And here's the final kicker....at the end of the year, Chase sent me a W-2 form for the amount they wrote off!  I ended up paying $10,000 taxes on the $25,000 they wrote off!  A lesson to be learned for any of us gullible persons out there.  Take heed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Network-of-America/Hayward-California-94541/Legal-Network-of-America-New-Vista-Credit-Solutions-What-A-Big-Ripoff-Hayward-California-939044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legal Network of America