Complaint Review: Legal Recoveries

• Reported By:Bowling Green Kentucky
Legal Recoveries
Hartford, Kentucky U.S.A.

Legal Recoveries Identity Theft? Hartford Kentucky

I recieved a copy of my credit report in Sept. of 2007. On it there is a "public Record" of a Legal Recoveries Inc that apparently sued me in March of 2007 for $1,745! I have NO CLUE what this is or where it came from. I had assumed that I was a victim of identity theft, but upon doing a search on the internet I've found that I am not the only one who has been having a strange charge from this company pop up out of nowhere!

The strangest thing is, that they "sued" me in March of 2007, yet I moved to a different city 2 hours away in Dec of 2006! The only "credit" i had ever had was a cell phone from cingular that was at that time in GOOD STANDING and I was USING it! I had never had credit or a credit card or anything along those lines.

This charge is phony and Im not sure what to do about it! I'm afraid that its appearance on my credit report may be preventing me from getting jobs and weighing down my credit score badly.

Bowling Green, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/25/2007 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Recoveries/Hartford-Kentucky-42343/Legal-Recoveries-Identity-Theft-Hartford-Kentucky-294314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legal Recoveries