Complaint Review: Legal Recoveries

• Submitted: Sat, December 15, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, December 15, 2007

• Reported By:Lexington Kentucky
Legal Recoveries
P.O Box 93 Prospect, Kentucky U.S.A.

Legal Recoveries Entered A Plantiff's Motion For Judgment Prospect Kentucky

Legal Recoveries hired a law firm to sue me, claiming I owe Legal Recoveries money. To my knowledge I have never had an account with them. I say this because I do have old debts and I have paid most of them. This company may have contacted me on behalf of Citibank. That debt is 7 yrs old. If I started paying them on behalf of Citibank I know that restarts the statute of limitations. The only problem is I have no knowledge and they wont provide proof. It seems by law they don't have to because I didn't contact them within 30 days. I don't know if that is exactly correct or not. They said the same thing to me as they did John--- I owe plus interest at the rate 8.000% per annum from August 1 2002 until date of judgment then 12.000% per annum thereafter until paid and reasonable attorneys fees and court costs. They have recently entered a plantiff's motion for summary judgment, so I have to go to court on Jan 16 of 2008. I am going to file an answer and say the statute of limitations has expired. If anyone can help me or if a lawyer has advice for me please respond to this post. The person who posted before me, how did your case go? If I do go to court and I have to pay and they don't provide an actual copy of my signed application I want to pursue legal action. Also I would like to fight to ammend the Fair Debt Collection Act so that a consumer has more than 30 days to request a signed document. I think its unfair and unjust. Most people that are in cases like this, don't fully know their rights and can't afford representation!

J
Lexington, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2007 12:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Recoveries/Prospect-Kentucky-40059/Legal-Recoveries-Entered-A-Plantiffs-Motion-For-Judgment-Prospect-Kentucky-291759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legal Recoveries