Complaint Review: Legal Recovery Law Offices

• Updated: Fri, October 19, 2012

• Reported By: Alisa — Petaluma California United States of America
Legal Recovery Law Offices
5030 Camino De La Siesta, #340 San Diego, California United States of America

Legal Recovery Law Offices Capitol One Bank Hires Thugs to shake down struggling consumers San Diego, California

*Consumer Comment: First, YOU don't get to set the amount owed your creditor.

Long story short, had a credit card that we were using to live offf of back in 2008.  Got behind on the payments when work got scarce.  The Balance at that time was around the limit of $2500.00.  After missing several months of payments, during which time we lost our house, our truck engine blew up & we had to move, Capitol One adds $2000 approximately, in interest.

We then moved long distance to accept work in Southern California, I set up automatic payments with Capitol One of 450 dollars per month.  We started having trouble with our bank account due to a new practice by the local gas station to hold 3 x the amount of transaction when you pay at the pump.

We were unaware of this practice & it caused tremendous amount of headaches and financial expense to figure it out.  I had to stop the automatic payments, to avoid additional charges on our account.  When I tried to re-set the auto payments the bank wouldn't allow me to do that.

I contacted Capitol One, my account had been turned over to Legal Recovery Law Offices.  I contacted them to make payment arraingments.  They were not willing to accept $50.00 per month payments, they wanted $100, per month.

I explained to them our situation, that we were barely getting by & collecting food stamps to do it and that $100 was more than I could afford.  They threatened me with a lawsuit, which they ultimately followed through with & won a judgement in the amount of $4,143.  I didn't have the money to fight them or gas to get to the court house.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2012 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Recovery-Law-Offices/San-Diego-California-92108/Legal-Recovery-Law-Offices-Capitol-One-Bank-Hires-Thugs-to-shake-down-struggling-consumer-957211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legal Recovery Law Offices

First, YOU don't get to set the amount owed your creditor.

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

" Finally getting back on our feet and trying to pay off our old debts only to find that now they want over $7,000, willing to settle for $.80 on the dollar @ approximately $6100.  Quite a racket if you ask me!!"

Next, how is this "quite a racket?" You do owe the money.

A question, if you had been paying $450/month on auto pay, why were you only able to pay $50/month afterwards?
Interest accumulates rapidly on a four year old, delinquent account.

I don't see ANY Ripoff here.