Complaint Review: Legal Research Group

• Updated: Tue, October 29, 2013

• Reported By: lasercart — Springfield Missouri
Legal Research Group
Dallas, Texas USA

Legal Research Group May have other names Legal Research Group - possible scam to defraud loan customers with false collection claims Dallas Texas

I got a call from some peopel in Grand Prairie, TX calling themselves the Legal research group. The phone number they used was 469-789-7020. They claimed I owed a company some money and they were going to prosecute me and send a warrant to my home state if I did not pay them over $1000 within two ours by certified check.  They claimed they sent me a notice 14 days prior to this in the mail and since I did not reply a Texas judge had signed warrants for my arrest in my home state.  I ask some questions to validate their claim and they sent me an email with non-professional looking letterhead and it only had a PO Box address on it.

I wrote them back and ask for a physical address and a copy of the assignment from the company they claimed they were assigned for to collect the debt.  I told them I would contact my attroney. They have not contacted me again so far to reply to my request to validate their claim.  They aslo told me they were only processors for the warrants and they were not attorneys.

If I were a debt buyer or collection agensc I would be intereted in communicating and giving the proposed debtor a chance to work with him/her and not treaten to put them in jail with fraud claims.  These guys look like a scam to me and it needs to be spread around.  My wife was a victim a year or so ago by a guy who claimed to be a detective and threatened her with fraud and a jail sentence.  We researched it on the net and found it was a scam and we took it to the police and filed a report on it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2013 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Research-Group/Dallas-Texas-75006/Legal-Research-Group-May-have-other-names-Legal-Research-Group-possible-scam-to-defraud-1095503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legal Research Group