I contacted Legal Zoom in the Summer of 2007 to help with obtaining my DBA license. At that time, I was working with a partner who backed out about a month later. At that time I contacted Legal Zoom and let them know the situation and asked them to send all information to my address. However, They continued sending items to the old partner's address for the next year. Whenever I contacted Legal Zoom about this, they were defensive and blamed it on me. They claimed to have made the address changes in the system, however all paperwork pertaining to the business continued going to the old addrees of the old partner.
I continued sending emails and calling to have the address removed, and every time they claimed to have made the change that time, but that was false. 10 months passed and I still had not completed my DBA license paperwork or obtained my seller's permit. I contacted the company in August 2008 by phone and spoke to a supervisor who was very rude to me and tried blaming the situation on me. It was also in this conversation that I discovered that they did not obtain my EIN number, which the supervisor told me I needed to have a small business. She told me that I chose not to have the company help me obtain this, although she also admitted it was needed in order to have a small business. I said to her: "You offer to help people obtain a DBA license, however you give them the option to opt out of obtaining a EIN number, altough you know it is needed to run a small business?" and her answer was a quiet "Yes." When I asked why they didn't tell me, they said because the company assumes that their clients know what all paperwork they need to obtain their business license.
Although I paid for Legal Zoom to publish my DBA, I had to pay out of pocket for the publication of it because I had no proof from them that my DBA was published. I had NO paperwork at that time from the company! When I asked for a reimbursement for those funds because they had sent all the pertinent information to the wrong address, they didn't even acknowledge my question. When I asked the supervisor who I could put in a complaint with, she said her and that she would get it to the proper person, which I didn't believe.
I am so disappointed in their service and was shocked and disappointed in the way I was treated. When they finally sent me the paperwork I needed for my Seller's Permit, they still had the wrong address as the business address! It has taken me over a year to obtain my DBA license and Seller's Permit and I paid extra money to this company to assist me in the process, but they only dragged it out and refused to guide me through the process.