Complaint Review: LegalZoom

LegalZoom

LegalZoom Register an LLC and you'll get a "hidden" $159 charge, Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Hidden Fees

*UPDATE Employee: LegalZoom Complaint

I recently registered an LLC with LegalZoom.  I thought the process was going smoothly until I noticed a "Registered Agent" charge pending approval of the LLC with the state.  I never once signed up for this "service" but LegalZoom took it upon them to add me to it.  I read reports that this charge is buried deep in their Terms but who the hell actually reads those? Now I realize why LegalZoom doesn't allow you to see your actual order or send you a copy because it clearly would not show this extra $159 charge for Resident Agent. So, now I have to file new paperwork with the state to remove them as the registered agent, another $100 or so in filling.

Do not use LegalZoom, either fill the paperwork out yourself or get an attorney.  I was lazy and now its costing me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LegalZoom/internet/LegalZoom-Register-an-LLC-and-youll-get-a-hidden-159-charge-Internet-1005378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LegalZoom

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Hidden Fees

AUTHOR: Hgillett - ()

They also did this to me! No where did it state that we would be charged this $159 a year. I found out when I looked at my bank account! I will never use them again. They didn't even notify me before they were charging. We only had the business running for couple months (trial & error) , so we no longer have this business. But, they won't refund me my money! Such a ripoff. Never ever ever using them again! Watch out to anyone. They will add this "registered agent services" and you cant cancel unless you show proof from secertary of state that you are out of business. I'm sooo mad right now. Just $159 down the drain like that!!! And got nothing to show for! What was the $159 anyway? Did nothing for me! Ugghhh. never again using them.

LegalZoom Complaint

AUTHOR: LegalZoom - (United States of America)

Hi MC,

We are sorry to hear that you were being charged for a service that you were unaware of. It looks like you may have opted in for LegalZoom to serve as your Registered Agent. We can assist you with both cancelling the subscription & with changing your Registered Agent.

Please feel free to call or email with any questions or concerns regarding this or any other matter. You can reach us at Patty@lzserve.com. We look forward to hearing from you so we can get this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

LegalZoom Customer Care