Complaint Review: LegalZoom.com

• Updated: Mon, February 28, 2011

• Reported By: Jason — San Francisco California United States of America
LegalZoom.com

LegalZoom.com Attempted Double Billing Internet

On March 3, 2010 I renewed my "Registered Agent" service for a Nevada Limited Liability Company I set up using LegalZoom.com.  There were two options: $159 for a one-year renewal or $288 for a two-year renewal.  I paid $288 for a two-year renewal.

As an aside, a "Registered Agent Service" is a service for forwarding official notices and other mail concerning your corporate entity when you live out of state.

On Feb 18, 2011 I received a renewal notice in the mail telling me it was time to renew my "Registered Agent" service even though I still had one year left.  If I had not checked to see that I had chosen the two-year option last year, I would have ended-up double paying.  I believe this is unethical and misleading behavior on the part of LegalZoom.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2011 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LegalZoomcom/internet/LegalZoomcom-Attempted-Double-Billing-Internet-700957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LegalZoom.com