Complaint Review: Legalzoom.com

• Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: Keni — Seattle Washington United States of America
Legalzoom.com

Legalzoom.com Consistent misfiling of divorce papers - BEWARE Internet

*Author of original report: LegalZoom making it right

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: LegalZoom Complaint

Legal Zoom does not complete divorce papers accurately resulting in rejected filings, delays and no hope for resolution from them. When Lincoln County Washington received my papers they practically laughed and actually guessed it came from Legal Zoom. There were so many errors, incomplete sections that are required that they simply sent the paperwork back to me to do over. When I confirmed it was done through LegalZoom, they indicated these errors are continuous and repetitive from their filings and that they have told them numerous times what is required to file a divorce in the State of Washington. When I contacted LegalZoom, they made it sound like this was the first time they  had heard of any of these issues. This was an extremely difficult time for me and to have to go through months of filing, refiling & finally just researching and figuring it out on my own, I didn't even have the fight left in me to try to recoup the $350+ I paid for their services. Do yourself a favor, use ANYONE but Legalzoom for your legal issues.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legalzoomcom/internet/Legalzoomcom-Consistent-misfiling-of-divorce-papers-BEWARE-Internet-1002304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legalzoom.com

LegalZoom making it right

AUTHOR: Keni Erstad - (United States of America)

In less than 24 hours of filing this report as well as posting a formal complaint directly to LegalZoom, I received both a call and an email. They are definitely working to make this right - they have refunded the full cost of the service I paid for and are going to re-do the incorrect / incomplete portions of the filing at no charge. While I was extremely frustrated througnout the filing process, I give them credit for doing the right thing and working to make sure this doesn't happen to future customers.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

LegalZoom Complaint

AUTHOR: LegalZoom - (United States of America)

Keni,

We're sorry about the difficulties you experienced when filing your LegalZoom Dovorce documents with Lincoln County. We'd like an opportunity to make things right. Please reach out to Patty@lzserve.com and we'll do our absolute best to make sure you're satisfied our product and to improve your Customer service experience.

LegalZoom Customer Care