Complaint Review: Leisure Bay Spas

• Updated: Wed, July 04, 2012

• Reported By: Dawn — Ladson South Carolina United States of America
Leisure Bay Spas
charleston, South Carolina United States of America

Leisure Bay Spas, leisure depot, Big money for worthless tub charleston, South Carolina

I had purchased a Leisure Bay Spa in January of 2010 for my husband who has a progressive disease that leaves him in back crushing pain daily. I paid over $8000 for a tub. For the first year the spa was working wonderful. After that year past that is when the problems started-BIG problems.

One day it just stopped working. I called Leisure Depot, the company I purchased the spa from, they informed me that Leisure Bay had went out of business but will TRY to work with me. $90 just to drive to my house and $90 to say hello. The spa had shorted out my breaker and almost burned my house down.  I pay an electrician to fix the breaker-$600. I think I am in the clear, but no now less than a week later I have a leak that is going to cost me $200 to fix.

I have also had the cover replaced because the middle just caves in. The manager at Leisure Depot said it was because my children are standing on it- which is not true. My children are 8 and 9 years old and know better. The second cover is also now in the dump, less than a year each cover lasted. When I approached the manager again in regards to the cover now she told me that it was because I have the spa outside and the elements are  " severe " in South Carolina and this is what happens.

I am very disappointed in both the company that has their name on the spa and the one who sold the piece of crap to me. It is companies like these that put our economy in a hole. The worst part is my husband has gotten worse and will continue to do so. The heat and jets were his only salvation. I am the only one working for our family of 4 and purchasing a new spa is not in the cards right now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2012 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Leisure-Bay-Spas/charleston-South-Carolina-/Leisure-Bay-Spas-leisure-depot-Big-money-for-worthless-tub-charleston-South-Carolina-906720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Leisure Bay Spas