Complaint Review: Leisure Products Inc

• Updated: Thu, November 29, 2012

• Reported By: vickie — danbury Connecticut United States of America
Leisure Products Inc
1044 Fordtown Road kingsport, Tennessee United States of America

Leisure Products Inc Laguna Bay Spa; absoluterecreation; recdirectfactoryoutlet; absolutetan; mfgspasdirect We will FIX, not return or refund = not fixed, I'm screwed kingsport, Tennessee

*Author of original report: Customer update

Bought Laguna Bay X14 July 17, 2012; Delvd Aug 16th; license electrician installed Aug 29th.  All electric stopped on spa Sept 27th.  Found out that the heater caused short in electric.  Called LPI, it was easy to connect to friendly cust serv rep (Justin or Larry), they mailed a new heater.  Oct 22 the heater was replaced, and on Nov 3 died.  Friendly LPI staff sent another heater, replaced Nov 5th died Nov 7.  Nov 20th replace with another heater and powerpack, died within first hour.    LPI suggested they would send another heater and another powerpack and use a different technician.  Nov 27th 5th heater, 3rd powerpack replaced with new tech - spa never started.   LPI suggestion -  send another heater, a control panel and another powerpack (they said they changed the powerpack, recd new style just this morn).

I asked for a return/refund for it seems obvious I have a lemon spa.  I was informed they do not return or refund they FIX.   Wondering how many times they TRY to fix before my warranty runs out and then I'm stuck.

We really enjoyed the spa the 3 times we used it back at begin of Sept.  The LPI staff have been very friendly in trying to resolve the issue, however we are now going on 6th heater, 4th powerpack.  We haven't used the spa since Sept, we live in NE temps are going down with no heat in spa.  AND we have to continue to allow the company to try to fix, for we have no other choice.  ugh

LPI return policy:  "Since most of the items we sell are custom made and because we do not sell items that are previously owned, we cannot offer returns or refunds on purchases once you accept delivery."

My bad for thinking that return policy wouldn't hold true if the Spa doesn't work.  I'm reporting this to BBB and trying to dispute refund via my credit card company.

Recommend you do not buy a Laguna Bay Spa!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Leisure-Products-Inc/kingsport-Tennessee-37663/Leisure-Products-Inc-Laguna-Bay-Spa-absoluterecreation-recdirectfactoryoutlet-absolutet-974591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Leisure Products Inc

Customer update

AUTHOR: vickie - (United States of America)

Nov 29 the tech came back to install another new heater, powerpack and control system.  LPI worked with him on some trouble shooting prior to replacing the parts.  They found some loose dip switches which fixed the problem.   The spa is now running, heater is slowly heating the water (went from 31 degrees to 46 in about 3 hours).   AND  LPI informed me they will add 3 more months to my warranty.   We will be very happy if the fix is sustainable and the heat / electric doesn't blow out again.  And happy when LPI pays the electrician who is now hounding me for the unpaid bills from the last two months.