Complaint Review: Lend to America

6355 Topanga Canyon Blvd #100 Woodland Hills, California USA

FRAUD and SCAM ALERT - Lend to America FRAUD, SCAM Woodland Hills California

*Consumer Comment: comment

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Now the truth

Do not work with Lend to America or Michael Weisburg ever!!!  Major shady, unethical, and maybe illegal practices happening at Lend to America  To start my story, I was in the market for a jumbo home loan and was referred to Michael Weisburg through a reputable source and things seemed fine upon first conversations but quickly took a turn for the worst.  To start things off, Michael Weisburg stated that he could not approve jumbo loans in-house and "referred" me to an outsider lender which means he basically didn;t do anything for me.

As a string attached to the referral, Michael Weisburg says that in order for him to give me the contact info to his referral I must sign a document saying that I will pay him almost a $9,000 referral fee in the case I use his referral to close my loan.  He also stated that they would take that amount out of the loan costs so I don't pay that fee twice.  Well fast forward ahead and I decide not to use Michael or lend to america's loan referral and decided to use my own loan officer to get my loan through.

I moved forward to close escrow and received a notice from the escrow company that Michael Weisberg was trying to demand payment for his referral fee even though I didn't use his referral.  Michael attempted to collect his fee and stop the escrow from closing the deal.  Lend to America sent me emails harassing me and trying to collect payment for services that were not rendered.  His attempts were unsuccessful so far and I would pay $9,000 in lawyer fees to fight this crook befor giving these criminals my hard earned money.  Please stay away from Lend to America and Michael Weisburg for your own sake!!!  Very shady business practices!!!  I encourage anyone who has been scammed by this con man to contact their bank and lawyer to make sure they are not swindled out of any money from this guy!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2013 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lend-to-America/Woodland-Hills-California-91367/FRAUD-and-SCAM-ALERT-Lend-to-America-FRAUD-SCAM-Woodland-Hills-California-1049116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lend to America

AUTHOR: TRUTH - ()

I know Mr. Weisberg personally, and he IS NOT the person you describe.  Mr. Weisberg has done several of my loans, and got me a low rate, fast approval, with professionalism and honesty.  I think you most likely misunderstood the process.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Now the truth

AUTHOR: Lend to America - ()

Let's start with names here, Marc Geolina who is a buyer of a home that he barely qualifies for was denied by a bank after being in escrow for over 1 month.  I was contacted by the listing agent to assist Marc "if possible" to help him stay in escrow and be able to close on his purchase even though I wasn't the original lender who denied his loan.  Being in the business for over 20 years I jumped into action and located a lender that offered him 3.375% fixed for 30 years on a jumbo loan ($950,000 loan amount).  Yes, you read that correctly and that was with zero points.  This isn't a normal connection but someone very high up in private banking doing a backflip to assist this buyer.  In order to facilitate the transaction both Marc and I signed a letter and anyone that wants to see it signed I would be happy to share stating that for facilitating this connect I would be compensated.  I then had to spend the next two days convincing the seller not to cancel escrow but rather extend it for free for 3 more weeks to allow us time to close the transaction.  The seller was very reluctant but on my word and experience granted this extension instead of cancelling escrow.  After 2 1/2 weeks when we are ready to draw loan docs Marc out of the blue decides to change course and go with another lender and not inform anyone other than escrow that he is now going elsewhere for his financing and attempts to revoke his signed document about the fee he agreed to pay at closing.  In no way was the letter that we signed specific to where he was getting the loan from but rather to assist in his closing which I did.

In the end I was willing to waive the fee to keep good graces with my Realtor who I do lots of business with but as you can see from the harsh language and lack of ethics Marc exhibits here that he has no business bad mouthing anyone and more over lying about the facts.  You can search the internet and will see zero negative feedback for over 20 years of me doing this business.  That is because I am honest and professional with each and every client.  Marc is a sore loser and people like this have their own karma come back to bite them, no need for me as I am sure this is just him normal way of operating.

saline