Complaint Review: Lender Private/Robert Wells

• Updated: Mon, September 16, 2013

• Reported By: Dennis M — Austin Texas
Lender Private/Robert Wells
4915 Rattlesnake Hammock Road Naples, Florida USA

Lender Private/Robert Wells scam, just wants upfront fees but never delivers on promises to give a mortgage Naples Florida

I found Lender Private (Robert Wells) while looking to refinance my home.  He said he would give me a 6% loan for 30 years, I ask him to send me an application and he did, but I then found out that he charged $250 just to process the application. He gave me his banking info and had me wire him the money, which I did.

After submitting the application, he told me I was approved but he needed $14,500.00 to secure the loan.  At that point I talked to an attorney, who said do not send him any more money, that it must be a scam, legitimate mortgage companies don't ask for fees upfront.

I then contacted Robert Wells and told him I couldn't go through with the loan and wanted my $250 returned.  He said no probablem, just give him my banking info and he would wire the money back into my account.  But by now I was suspicious so I talked to my bank and they said never give out your account number, because he could then pay bills with my account.

I then told Robert Wells I couldn't give him my banking info and he acted mad and upset but said he would send me a check with an indorsement restriction.  AS of this date, 30 days later I have not received a check.

I have sent Robert several emails to no avail.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lender-PrivateRobert-Wells/Naples-Florida-34113/Lender-PrivateRobert-Wells-scam-just-wants-upfront-fees-but-never-delivers-on-promises-1084970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lender Private/Robert Wells