Complaint Review: Lenovo-USA

• Updated: Fri, April 22, 2011

• Reported By: bill15857 — St. Marys Pennsylvania United States of America
Lenovo-USA
1009 Think Place Morrisville, North Carolina United States of America

Lenovo-USA Lenovo G550: unresolved touch pad, keyboard, floating cursor issues Morrisville, North Carolina

*Author of original report: Lenovo G550

*Consumer Comment: Love the Lenovo G550

Problems existed with my Lenovo G550 from day one straight out of the box. Tab, space bar & backspace keys work from time to time, floating cursor is a never ending problem.

Downloadable "Fix" from the Lenovo web site generally works for a short period of time then the problems return.

Running  "Lenovo G550 touch pad problems" thru Google / Dogpile or Yahoo search engines produces  complaints in the thousands, not just a few. Checking the Lenovo web site for the same issues brings up page after page of the same complaints indicating I am not the only one with these issues & that Lenovo is well aware of the problem & trying to fix the issues with a band aid.

emails, calls & a formal complaint filed thru the BBB has brought no resolution to my issues, replacing the Lenovo G550 with a new HP at my expense is not the resolution I was looking for, now I have a $550.00 Lenovo door stop.

I am not new to the computer age having almost 40 years of learning, using & buying various brands, never have I had dealings with a company so lax on customer care, concerns & issues. Several fellow office workers have quizzed me about my Lenovo unit, after answering their questions they have decided on their own not to but any Lenovo product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2011 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lenovo-USA/Morrisville-North-Carolina-27560/Lenovo-USA-Lenovo-G550-unresolved-touch-pad-keyboard-floating-cursor-issues-Morrisvill-703297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lenovo-USA

Lenovo G550

AUTHOR: bill15857 - (United States of America)

The Lenovo G550 I commented on was purchased 7 months ago, perhaps yours incorporates improvements not found on mine. Lenovo confirms on their own web site the problems with the ALPS touchpad along with the space bar , back space & tab keys not always working, this can be confirmed by reading any or all of the 17 pages of complaints on the Lenovo site, runnng Lenovo G550 problems using Google, Yahoo or Dogpile search engines produces results in the tens of thousands. Using an external mouse or keyboard is a solution but why should the additional cost be absorbed by the customer nor are either of these solutions always practical. As with any new product I expect proper function or replacement, not band-aids that may or may not correct the issues. My complaint is now in the hands of the Office of the State Attorney General, perhaps now Lenovo will take notice.

Love the Lenovo G550

AUTHOR: RexHoover - (United States of America)

I purchased my Lenovo G550 about three weeks ago and have loved it since the moment I unpacked it.  In fact, in less than five minutes my wireless connection was setup and I was using the computer as if I'd owned it for months.

After customizing a few things and removing some pre-packaged software for which I had no use, the G550 was truly perfect for everything I needed it to do.

Another five minutes of work enabled me to set up a wireless printer connection -- a wonderful feature my previous laptop did not have.

I honestly have no clue what the previous consumer means about key problems, floating cursers and touchpad issues.  Frankly, I hate touchpads and prefer a mouse so perhaps I don't use my laptop the same way he does.  I also often use a full-size accessory keyboard because I am a writer and find it more comfortable, so here again, perhaps this negates the issues of the previous consumer.

Having said all of that, however, I truly enjoy my Lenovo experience.  I wanted a laptop that was a workhorse and I believe I've found it.