Complaint Review: Lenovo

• Updated: Fri, August 16, 2013

• Reported By: Liam — Attleboro Massachusetts
Lenovo
1009 Think Pl Morrisville, Massachusetts USA

Lenovo BUYER BEWARE! FAULTY LAPTOP PRODUCTS, FAULTY SOFTWARE Morrisville NORTH CAROLINA

BUYER BEWARE!!! I will honestly NEVER buy another Lenovo laptop again. As a small business owner, I look for reliable computer products that allow me to focus my time on my business, not on trying to get my computer to simply function. I bought my Lenovo last year based on recommendations from a number of other business users who said their IT departments recommended Lenovo. Big mistake! The laptop worked great for the first few months and then the problems appeared. First, the Lenovo Solution Center began to malfunction. It would not open but kept producing messages. I contacted Lenovo support and was told that it was a "known issue" and wouldn't work for the time being. I was prompted by Lenovo to purchase Norton Anti-Virus which I did, but when the Lenovo Solution Center software was upgraded it erased/uninstalled Norton. This repeated itself every week, forcing me to re-install Norton on a weekly basis (done this over 30x). Next, my fingerprint reader stopped working. Apparently, the hardware/software malfunctioned and I was told to upgrade the software. Throughout the process, I have been told that anything "software related," despite being Lenovo software, is not supported so I'm on my own. After upgrading the fingerprint software, the fingerprint reader doesn't work. I was told that I now need to send my laptop away to be fixed. At the same time, the Lenovo Solution Center prompted me that a new upgrade was available. After installing the new LENOVO software, my Microsoft Office has stopped functioning. I contacted MSFT and they want me to pay $99 to fix the issue caused by LENOVO. So, now I have a useless computer that cant even open my MSFT Office applications because changes made by LENOVO have deactivated my MSFT software.

THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST BUSINESS PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE!! PLEASE DO NOT BUY LENOVO LAPTOP PRODUCTS. I purchased the LENOVO THINKPAD T530 last year, spent over $1400 , and I'm likely going to have to throw it away and buy something else. I was sold a lemon, and no-one wants to fix this at LENOVO. They don't care about their customers. PERIOD!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lenovo/Morrisville-Massachusetts-27560/Lenovo-BUYER-BEWARE-FAULTY-LAPTOP-PRODUCTS-FAULTY-SOFTWARE-Morrisville-NORTH-CAROLINA-1076355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lenovo