Complaint Review: Lenovo

• Submitted: Sun, September 19, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, July 16, 2012

• Reported By: Tonya — Seattle Washington United States of America
Lenovo

Lenovo G550 laptop Defective laptop right out of the box, Lenovo charges to ship under warranty! Internet

*General Comment: I had the same problem!!

I purchased a Lenovo G550 laptop. It is under a one year mail-in warranty. Right out of the box this brand new laptop did not charge correctly, the interior port was loose and the charger did not fit correctly.

When I contacted Lenovo customer service (and after spending 20 minutes on hold!) they tried to convince me that the problem was with the charging apparatus and that I should buy a new one - for a brand new laptop! When I insisted on having it repaired it took a week for them to send the form that I needed to fill out. In fact, I had to call them again in order to get them to send it, though the hold time was only 5 minutes for that call.

Once I filled out the form, I realized that there was no shipping form with it indicating that Lenovo would cover the cost to get it to the repair center. So I called to verify (this time I spent 15 minutes on hold) - and they expect ME to pay the $30 to get their faulty product to them! I paid for the laptop, it is defective and now I have to pay again to have it repaired. Absolutely ridiculous!

Don't buy from Lenovo.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2010 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lenovo/internet/Lenovo-G550-laptop-Defective-laptop-right-out-of-the-box-Lenovo-charges-to-ship-under-war-642128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lenovo

#1 General Comment

I had the same problem!!

AUTHOR: yankeegrl75 - (United States of America)

I had the same problem as you, been dealing with this now for over 7 mts!!! Now my computer does not even charge and they broke my cd rom drive and sent it back to me broken. Not only did they break it but said I had no operating system on the device. Wiped everything, however it worked fine, the operating device when I shipped it. Now they just refuse to respond to my emails and will not call me back. Very sad that we as consumers have to endure this!!