Complaint Review: Lenovo

• Submitted: Sat, October 27, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, October 28, 2012

• Reported By: Mohammad — Birmingham Alabama United States of America
Lenovo

Lenovo Lenovo, Morrisville, North Carolina Bad customer service and support, scamming customers , Internet

*General Comment: Scary computer service

I own a computer service store,
One of my customers brought me his Lenovo Desktop for  repair (less than 14 month old),
His Lenovo Desktop was in need for system recovery to Factory settings, I checked his computer to find out it it contain a "Recovery Partition" which was exist but there was no "Factory Image" on it as other manufactures do,
I asked him if he has the recovery disks, He informed me that he did not receive any disks with the computer when he purchased it.
Because my customer does not know about computer, so I called Lenovo customer support in behalf of my customer,
After I successed to get them on the phone, gave them the needed information about the computer and my self and my customer, they told me that recovery disks will cost $59,
I argued with them that the customer has the right to get a full copy of all software installed in his computer in a hard media (CDs /DVDs) and a full recovery on the recovery partition, she told me that it is the customer responsibilty to creat the an image once he bought his new computer, otherwise I've to pay for the recovery media because the computer is too old ( less than 14 month old)!!!
I told her that that I understand I pay for shipping, not for a copy of the factory recovery because you did not includ that with the new computer,
In most similar cases with other manufactures, some will send it for free, some will charge for shipping and handling, but with lenovo it is the very bad experince to charge for what they must provide with their new sold equipment>
I told the customer support represntative the this way is just new to me after IBM owned by China!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2012 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lenovo/internet/Lenovo-Lenovo-Morrisville-North-Carolina-Bad-customer-service-and-support-scamming-cust-960848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lenovo

#1 General Comment

Scary computer service

AUTHOR: Webwench - (United States of America)

If you do indeed have a computer service store that you own. It is pretty scary and obviously you are not keeping up with the times and changes with companies. IBM sold the hardware division 10+ years ago to Lenovo. IBM is not owned by a China company. You would know that if you kept up with the changing world.

No computer company in this world sends recovery cd/dvd's with computers and haven't done so in again 10+ years. As a 'Computer Service Store' you should be very aware of that fact.

The consumer does have the ability to create their own recovery cd/dvd's when they purchase their computer.

Your skills as a computer service store is in question upon reading your report.  Did you access the BIOS? for a factory restore? Windows recovery restore point?

Yes, a 14 month old computer was obsolete 12 months ago!

Do not blame a company for your lack of knowledge and unwillingness to keep up with technology!

Good Luck with your " Computer Service Store"