Complaint Review: Lenovo

• Submitted: Mon, January 26, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, July 18, 2009

• Reported By:Powell Wyoming
Lenovo
Whitsett North Carolina Internet U.S.A.

Lenovo Stole my credit card information and shipped a computer I did NOT order Whitsett North Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: The company stole it from you? Might want to get a reality check

Lenovo stole my credit card information and charged me for a computer that I did not order, nor have I received. I have never had any dealings with this company and I had never, prior to a few hours ago, even heard of them.

I do not have phone or email addresses for this company since I do not have the merchandise they billed me for. Peculiar to their attempts at defrauding me is that they apparently shipped the computer to my billing address in WA state when I live in Cody Wyoming.

While printing off my statement to mail my credit card payment, I noticed an enormous charge for over $1400 by Lenovo. I immediately phoned my financial institution's fraud department and reported the theft of my credit card. They closed the account, denied the charges, and reported the incident to the three major credit reporting agencies.

Absolutely outrageous.

J. ann brodland
Powell, Wyoming

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2009 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lenovo/internet/Lenovo-Stole-my-credit-card-information-and-shipped-a-computer-I-did-NOT-order-Whitsett-No-416550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lenovo

#1 Consumer Suggestion

The company stole it from you? Might want to get a reality check

AUTHOR: Rebutter - (U.S.A.)

Everyday thousands of credit card numbers are stolen and used with other companies to buy merchandise, not for the companies benefit but for the thief's. Lenovo did not steal your information, in fact whenever a charge is placed through, unless the shipping address matches your billing address or you have the address on file with your financial institution Lenovo will cancel the order. You might want to be sure you are not putting your credit card information out where a thief can get it. The company did not steal your information. That is a very serious charge and if was true, you should have taken them to court. They are not responsible for the actions of a thief, but have voluntarily set up safe guards to prevent your situation from occuring in the future.