Complaint Review: Lens Worldwide

• Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: slickguyla — Los Angeles California United States of America
Lens Worldwide

Lens Worldwide Lens Horizon Scam COD Fake Internet

I ordered a Nikon lens on 11/22/2012.  The price was $100 cheaper than anywhere else online.  The next day they called me and told me they were backlogged and could not process my order for a month if they accepted payment by credit card due to their "verification process" BUT they could ship that day if I agreed to a COD (Cash on Delivery) shipment whereby I would pay by cash or money order to Fedex upon delivery.  At first I said yes since he also threw in filters for a cheap price.  However, it sounded too weird, so I called back within 5 minutes to tell them I wanted to cancel, and was told that the order "was already shipped" within that 5 minutes and that I'd have to refuse delivery of the package when it arrived.  No package ever arrived.  TOTAL SCAMMERS.  I canceled my credit card immediately.  After looking online some more, I found several camera forum posts stating exactly the same situation.  AVOID AT ALL COSTS.  They've taken their site down - beware of a new site doing the same thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lens-Worldwide/internet/Lens-Worldwide-Lens-Horizon-Scam-COD-Fake-Internet-988663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lens Worldwide