Complaint Review: Lenscrafter's

• Submitted: Tue, February 10, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 10, 2009

• Reported By:Private Alabama
Lenscrafter's
8801 Beverly Dirve, Los Angeles, California Beverly Hills, California U.S.A.

Lenscrafter's Bait and Switch via 70% off coupon Beverly Hills California

Lenscrafter's placed a coupon on their website advertising 70% off Non Prescription Sunglasses with a few brand name exemptions. I phoned the Lenscrafter's nearest my location and was told to come in and that they would honor the coupon on a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses as long as I did not need a prescription set of lenses.

When I got to the store however, the salesman (a different person then on the phone) stated that the coupon was valid only on "certain sunglass frames" and after selecting 10 different styles and brands I gave up trying ot find the 70% off ones. I asked him for a frame that met the criteria and was told "Oh, sorry we dont have any of those".

When I explained that I was told on the phone that the coupon was valid on Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses, he said that the store woud not honor the coupon because it was one of their best sellers but since "there was some sort of confusion" he would give me 15% off the Ray Ban frame I was wanting.

I politely said forget it and if I was going to pay a penny over what the price would have been with the coupon, I would go down the street to Fore Eyes (their closest competitor) and buy it from them at full price just to give my money to someone else.

People wonder why retail stores are in trouble and at risk of bankruptcy. Maybe its because of BS tricks like this to lure customers into the store and then try to sell them on more expensive products.

Sosee
Private, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2009 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lenscrafters/Beverly-Hills-California-90210/Lenscrafters-Bait-and-Switch-via-70-off-coupon-Beverly-Hills-California-422691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lenscrafter's