Complaint Review: Lenscrafters

• Submitted: Fri, August 05, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, August 05, 2011

• Reported By: Joellyn — Rogers Arkansas U.S.A.
Lenscrafters
#716 Northwest Arkansas Mall, Fayetteville, AR Internet United States of America

Lenscrafters SUBSTANDARD LENSES AND WORKMANSHIP Internet

On 7/21/11, I shopped at Lenscrafters and was interested in a new metal frame.  Because my eyesight is poor, I was told by the salesperson that they could manufacture me a "state-of-the-art" lens that would not show the thickness of my lenses but would fit nicely within the metal frame.  I was also told I could purchase sunglasses clip-ons after the lenses were made.

On 8/4/11, I returned to Lenscrafters to pick up my new glasses and was appalled at how terrible the lenses looked!  They were thicker than my current lenses and even the salesperson who sold them to me said "Oh boy, those didn't turn out like I had hoped!"  What happened to the "state-of-the-art" lenses I was promised and didn't receive???  I was originally told no one else in the nation offered such a thin lens!

When I asked about the sunglass clip-on, I was also told by another salesperson that I could NOT get that and, in fact, Lenscrafters doesn't even OFFER a clip-on!  She was happy to recommend that I purchase ANOTHER set of prescription sunglasses to the tune of $390.00!

When I complained about the thickness of the lens, I was told they could "polish and roll" the edges of the lenses and minimize the thickness.  I was called back within an hour and was told my glasses were "reworked" and ready to be picked up.

When I went back on 8/5/11, the workmanship was so poor that I refused the glasses and demanded a refund.  I would NOT recommend Lenscrafters based on my experience, contradictory information from employees and poor workmanship.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2011 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lenscrafters/internet/Lenscrafters-SUBSTANDARD-LENSES-AND-WORKMANSHIP-Internet-761551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lenscrafters