Complaint Review: Lensdirect.com

• Updated: Thu, May 08, 2003

• Reported By:Grand Prairie Texas
Lensdirect.com
www.lensdirect.com Internet U.S.A.

Elens.com - 1-800-contacts - lensdirect.com Billed my credit card 3 times w/o delivering merchandise. Have contacted them 14 times with no response ripped off Internet

On December 13 2002 I ordered contact lenses from lensdirect.com. Debit card was billed $79.95 Called on January 15 and was told the order was never received (which is interesting, since they received something or they wouldn't have had my card number), so I placed a new order and requested that any other order be cancelled. Debit card was billed $79.95

Received an email from customer service on January 16th that there were THREE orders in the system for me. I responded (in writing on the internet) that I only wanted ONE order. My debit card was billed $79.95 a third time.

Called in mid-February to inquire about my lenses and my refund on the original 2 charges. Was told they were backorderd and would be in "any day". Called in March to ask about my lenses and refund. Was told lenses were backordered and would be in within "7 to 10 working days". Still no refund from the original request.

Called in March and was told the lenses "were on backorder and would be in within 7 to 10 business days." At that point I told them to cancel ANY orders and give me my money back, which at this point totalled $239.85

It is now May 8th and I have attempted to make contact with the company FOURTEEN TIMES within the last week. I have had no response to my faxes, no answer to my letter, 2 emails have com back as undeliverable, and the ELEVEN times I either left a message or was told "someone would call me back" has not resulted in a single phone cal.

Marci
Grand Prairie, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2003 08:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lensdirectcom/internet/Elenscom-1-800-contacts-lensdirectcom-Billed-my-credit-card-3-times-wo-delivering-m-56173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lensdirect.com