Complaint Review: Lensmarketplace.com

• Updated: Fri, June 08, 2012

• Reported By: k — Dallas Texas United States of America
Lensmarketplace.com
Internet Brazil

Lensmarketplace.com Lensmarketplace contact lenses, colored contacts, lost parcels, ripped off, rip off, beware Brazil, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Lensmarketplace.com

*Author of original report: Please Disregard Previous Report

I placed an order for lenses from lensmarketplace.com on April 16th, 2011. I received a confirmation of my order but did not receive anything stating when it was shipped. When I emailed them to inquire about my order, I received tracking information, which indicated that my order was shipped on April 18th.

For several days, there were no updates. Then, on April 29th, the tracking indicated that my package should be arriving in the United States from Brazil. Since that update, there has been no further information. The US Postal service has confirmed via phone that they do not have my package. It has been 6 days since they were told to expect to receive my package from the Brazilian postal service. At this point, I have been told by the US Postal Service to consider my package lost.

I have contacted Alex at Lensmarketplace.com regarding this item, and was told only that I could return them (once I received them) for a full refund. Although I have informed him that the US Postal Service does not have my package, and that I consider it to be lost, he just keeps telling me that they have it. This, in my opinion, is not an adequate response. I feel that I may have to file a dispute with my credit card company, as Lensmarketplace.com has been no help at all in resolving this. I will NOT order from them again and I would NOT recommend them to friends. My lenses cost over $100 (USD) and that is a lot of money to me for the package to just disappear. I will not allow myself to be ripped off by this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2011 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lensmarketplacecom/internet/Lensmarketplacecom-Lensmarketplace-contact-lenses-colored-contacts-lost-parcels-rippe-725631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lensmarketplace.com

Lensmarketplace.com

AUTHOR: Nestor1990 - (United States of America)

Hello,
I recently purchased my second pair from the website and it's taking longer than I expected for the package to be shipped. I paid for express shipping and emailed Alex and he responded that they were out of stock and it took longer than expected for the shipment from the manufacturer. At this point I'm a little worried.
How long did it take for your lenses to arrive?

Please Disregard Previous Report

AUTHOR: k - (United States of America)

Please disregard the previous report. I am the original poster and everything has been rectified and handled properly by Lensmarketplace. Alex issued me a partial refund for the time it took to process my order, and when I received my lenses one was damaged (factory issue) and he replaced BOTH lenses for free, without even asking me to return the defective one.

I am unable to delete the report I previously filed, but I would if I was able. I am very happy with how everything turned out, and I believe the shipping time was partially affected by the fact that it was a holiday weekend in Brazil. I have even placed additional orders with this company, so I am very satisfied and hope that the previous report will be ignored.

Misunderstandings and such happen, and I have walked away a very satisfied customer. I should have waited until it was resolved to post anything here, but I was panicked ordering from an unknown/foreign company for the first time. I hope the previous report does not dissuade people from ordering from them, as it was written prematurely and in the end Lensmarketplace and Alex, the rep I dealt with, was very gracious and did everything he could to make things right. Thank you.